Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:34 AM

611 posts, read 1,990,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
The major downfall to Surprise are no quality roads in or out of Surprise. You're stuck with Bell Road (Traffic is a nightmare) or the 303 loop (Dangerous road). The other problem with Surprise is there are no quality jobs. Everyone works somewhere else unless you work in retail or service jobs.

I would look at Goodyear as it's closer to everything, have the I-10 to get you in and out and there are some jobs and it's a relatively easy commute to where the rest of the jobs are.

Surprise would be good if you were retired and didn't have to work and deal with a commute.
Greenway is a good alternative to Bell. I live as far west as possible in Surprise west of 303 and a quarter mile south of Bell. I can get to 101 loop in 20 minutes, the airport in 45, Scottsdale and Tempe maybe 50 minutes to an hour depending on traffic. I can I work in Sun City, Boswell Hospital, so commute is not an issue but that would be the only negative. Otherwise plenty of retail, close to parks, White Mountains, Lake Pleasant and a zoo. It is quiet, clean, new and safe out here. We really love it here. Our house has an unobstructed view of the sunset over the mountain. Another big plus is it cost about 50% less than Scottsdale to live out here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 12:38 AM

611 posts, read 1,990,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altus2006 View Post
The old folks I have seen in Sun City are doing a lot of living, not sitting around waiting to die.

altus2006

The people living in Sun City are the patients I see at Boswell and most are extremely active both physically and socially. Sun City's motto, The City of Volunteers. Great sense of community.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:20 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post

The people living in Sun City are the patients I see at Boswell and most are extremely active both physically and socially. Sun City's motto, The City of Volunteers. Great sense of community.
My husband and I have become interested in some of the 60's ranch homes off of 107th and Bell. The neighborhoods are pristine and the people very friendly. Thinking we may like to turn one of those into a 60's contemporary some day.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:09 AM

682 posts, read 2,565,897 times
We stayed in a Sun City condo for two months while we were trying to find a house to buy. The hairdresser I used while in Sun City was in her early twenties.

She told me that her clients were always talking about their golf, day trips, bridge nights, etc and she thought they were having a ball.

In fact this young woman had already decided that she would retire in the Sun City area becaue she was so impressed with the aging population she served.

So much for focusing on dying in Sun City.

altus2006

Old 09-10-2009, 01:48 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
If your not used to heavy traffic then it will come as a shock to you (It is not bumper to bumper like some make it seem). For me the traffic is a breeze and I make it to work in 25-30 mins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area