U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-14-2009, 10:20 AM

4 posts, read 11,302 times
Wink Tour bus or Drive from Phoenix to Grand Canyon

I'll be in Phoenix all next week and am trying to decide if we should drive ourselves or purchase a tour excursion to the Grand Canyon/Navaho Reservation. Any opinions? Any recommendations for a tour service?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 03:47 PM

1,927 posts, read 2,087,049 times
depends a little on preferences~ personally love trains so I drove to Williams and rode train to canyon~ includes small skit before departure and entertainment on train. Lets you off close to a great view of canyon and near an indian store that did free {for tips} indian dances outside right next to canyon edge. Also got within feet of some mountain sheep.

Thought it was great! Have no idea what tour would include.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:19 PM

7,886 posts, read 15,632,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinagirl99 View Post
I'll be in Phoenix all next week and am trying to decide if we should drive ourselves or purchase a tour excursion to the Grand Canyon/Navaho Reservation. Any opinions? Any recommendations for a tour service?
I agree with Deckdoc, Carolinagirl.

The Train Grand Canyon Railway - The Official Site is the best way to go.

It leaves Williams about 8 O'clock in the morning (many packages include an overnight stay at the Depot Hotel), allowing a few hours to enjoy The Canyon, eat lunch and souvenir shop then returns about 5'ish. I've done it about a dozen times and still believe it is worth every penny.

Good Luck.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:40 PM

16,892 posts, read 19,959,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I agree with Deckdoc, Carolinagirl.

The Train Grand Canyon Railway - The Official Site is the best way to go.

It leaves Williams about 8 O'clock in the morning (many packages include an overnight stay at the Depot Hotel), allowing a few hours to enjoy The Canyon, eat lunch and souvenir shop then returns about 5'ish. I've done it about a dozen times and still believe it is worth every penny.

Good Luck.
Wow. You must have a lot of out of town relatives .

Old 09-15-2009, 12:28 PM

28 posts, read 67,873 times
Isn't Williams like 178 miles away from Phoenix?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area