Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:01 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times

Advertisements

It's actually "Chandler-Gilbert CC". For the OP, all of them are in the same community college district. There are private RE schools as well, that may compress the course into a shorter time period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 11:36 AM

87 posts, read 279,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
It's "Chandler-Gilbert CC".

For the OP: The schools fcorrales listed, plus a few others, are all part of the same Maricopa County Community College

District. It takes only fifty days residency to establish county residency for in state tuition.

There are also real estate courses taught at private RE schools that are in a more compressed time frame, I would

assume.
Thanks for the information. I have no real desire to wait 50 days just so I can take a longer course. I will be moving out on my own (I have already lived away from home in college but with money help from my parents) and not be in a financial situation to drag things out for long periods.

I would much rather take a compressed course, right when I get there.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:33 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,276,167 times
Pretty much ALL Arizona realtors, well at least 90% I would say, took their classes at The Arizona School of Real Estate. There's one in Old Town Scottsdale, and one in Downtown Gilbert. People from all over the state come to town to take their classes there. I took the 9-day "crash course" in 2001, which included nights and weekends. You then take a contract writing course, school test, then state test. It took me less than a month to get it all done. I think they also offer a 12 day course, and even longer terms.

As far as networking, there's plenty of ways to do that. Bottom line is, if you can sell, you can sell. True no matter what the product is. Coming to a place like this shows that you know how to network, and aren't afraid of a challenge, so you'll be fine.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Pretty much ALL Arizona realtors, well at least 90% I would say, took their classes at The Arizona School of Real Estate. There's one in Old Town Scottsdale, and one in Downtown Gilbert. People from all over the state come to town to take their classes there. I took the 9-day "crash course" in 2001, which included nights and weekends. You then take a contract writing course, school test, then state test. It took me less than a month to get it all done. I think they also offer a 12 day course, and even longer terms.

As far as networking, there's plenty of ways to do that. Bottom line is, if you can sell, you can sell. True no matter what the product is. Coming to a place like this shows that you know how to network, and aren't afraid of a challenge, so you'll be fine.
I appreciate the school reccomendation. It is VERY helpful for a definitive, 'this is the school to go to'. I will trust you are not the owner, lol (sorry I have seen a lot of free publicity on these forums) although I would probably still accept the invitation if you were.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:49 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
It's "Chandler-Gilbert CC".

For the OP: The schools fcorrales listed, plus a few others, are all part of the same Maricopa County Community College
Thanks for clearing the Chandler-Gilbert thing. Is it all on one campus or are there two campuses? Phoenix college for instance has a downtown Campus and the main on 15th Ave and Thomas.

Quote:
District. It takes only fifty days residency to establish county residency for in state tuition.
Yes, but takes 12 months of in state residency to establish tuition at this rate. However, the is a Western Undergraduate Exchange program that cuts tuition in half for residents of most western states.

The "private" real estate school seems to be more "convenient" and VERY short...hmmm, I guess I'm a "school" snob but I'd rather deal with someone whose gone to school longer and maybe a degree...then I'd just expect more out of them for sure. I'm know this isn't always the case but that is just first impression analysis talking.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
The "private" real estate school seems to be more "convenient" and VERY short...hmmm, I guess I'm a "school" snob but I'd rather deal with someone whose gone to school longer and maybe a degree...then I'd just expect more out of them for sure. I'm know this isn't always the case but that is just first impression analysis talking.
I prolly won't have a degree (I will have 1 1/2 years left after this May), but I am very well read, well travelled, up w/ current events, cultured and can talk about almost anything with anyone.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:11 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REA88 View Post
I prolly won't have a degree (I will have 1 1/2 years left after this May), but I am very well read, well travelled, up w/ current events, cultured and can talk about almost anything with anyone.
No doubt, I didn't mean that having a degree is the most important thing but was emphasizing that I would expect more of a Realtor who went to school/program that lasted longer than a month...that is just my opinion though.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
No doubt, I didn't mean that having a degree is the most important thing but was emphasizing that I would expect more of a Realtor who went to school/program that lasted longer than a month...that is just my opinion though.
I understand why it would be.

I know this is off topic, and you might not know, but how do you become a Realtor (NAR)? I went to a one night course on becoming a real estate agent offered by my cities parks and rec department, and the Realtor at the meeting answered my question rather wryly: 'When the check clears', but it is more complex than that surely?

Old 09-27-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Thanks for clearing the Chandler-Gilbert thing. Is it all on one campus or are there two campuses? Phoenix college for instance has a downtown Campus and the main on 15th Ave and Thomas.
The "main" campus is what they now call the Pecos Campus, which is on Pecos and Gilbert Road, just north of the San Tan Freeway. That is Chandler/Gilbert Community College. They opened another branch more recently at Williams Gateway Airport that I think teaches Aviation, nursing, etc. Much like GCC now has a North Campus, but the main campus is on 59th and Olive.

I wish CGCC would get a football team. They are known for their great baseball teams with players making it into the bigs, but this area is known for the best HS football in the state, and I would love to see CGCC have a team.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REA88 View Post
I understand why it would be.

I know this is off topic, and you might not know, but how do you become a Realtor (NAR)? I went to a one night course on becoming a real estate agent offered by my cities parks and rec department, and the Realtor at the meeting answered my question rather wryly: 'When the check clears', but it is more complex than that surely?
After you get licensed, you join a Realtors Association (Such as Phoenix Association of Realtors, or Southeast Valley Association of Realtors, etc.) there's only I think 3 associations in the valley. You pay a fee, and take an orientation. Then you are given the Realtor status and MLS. I am not a Realtor by profession (maybe 2-3 deals a year for friends and family), so others on here may have more info if you need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area