Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:00 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinecities View Post

I'm hoping cell phones are not legal while driving in AZ - do you know? I think it's too distracting and should not be allowed. Just curious what the law is in AZ. Thanks
It is legal to drive while talking on the cell phone, but if I remember correctly, if the driver causes an accident because of the cell phone distraction, they can be given another ticket.

There really shouldn't be any laws to control people talking on cell phones, common sense of the people will negate the need for laws that make things complicated.

If my cell phone rings while I'm driving, I'll just let it ring and have the person leave a voicemail, or if possible, I'll pull over to the side of the road or into a parking lot and stop to talk on the cell phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 05:50 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,688,287 times
Mike, are you not forgetting one major point?

YOU HAVE COMMON SENSE AS WELL AS RESPECT FOR OTHERS . . . sadly, the Chatty Kathys have neither!

! ! ! !

Old 07-21-2007, 09:20 PM

8,302 posts, read 13,437,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Mike, are you not forgetting one major point?

YOU HAVE COMMON SENSE AS WELL AS RESPECT FOR OTHERS . . . sadly, the Chatty Kathys have neither!

! ! ! !
Not so fast Bummer, for all we know, he is one of those who cross-dresses and turns into a 'Chatty Kathy' on the weekends!

Old 07-21-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Not so fast Bummer, for all we know, he is one of those who cross-dresses and turns into a 'Chatty Kathy' on the weekends!
LMBO @ TurcoLoco . . .

Are you speaking from personal knowledge?

! ! ! !

Old 07-22-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
LMBO @ TurcoLoco . . .

Are you speaking from personal knowledge?

! ! ! !
I might have thought about it but since I am 6'2, I looked like a freaky and hairy Amazon woman with the heels on! hehe..

Old 07-22-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I might have thought about it but since I am 6'2, I looked like a freaky and hairy Amazon woman with the heels on! hehe..
OUCH, TurcoLoco

A "visual" I did not need while drinking my first cup of coffee!

! ! ! !

Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
OUCH, TurcoLoco

A "visual" I did not need while drinking my first cup of coffee!

! ! ! !
I am sure but I also am sure that it worked better than the caffeine you got in your coffee (minus the stomach discomfort)!

Old 07-22-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I am sure but I also am sure that it worked better than the caffeine you got in your coffee (minus the stomach discomfort)!
Good point, TurcoLoco

I have now recovered and am looking forward to a reply post from Mike.

! ! ! !

Old 07-22-2007, 05:53 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
Quote:

LOL.. nah, I do that as a side job on weekends to make a little extra money..

Turco, Bummer and myself came over here from another message board, and over there we used a phrase quite a bit whenever another poster did something bad or said something he or she shouldn't have, that phrase is: GO TO YOUR ROOM! (in a humorous way of course)

Old 07-23-2007, 01:16 PM

353 posts, read 1,366,596 times
Default Give Me A Break

Quote:
Lisa, when you are driving that is ALL you are supposed to be doing! Not putting on your make-up or chatting about which shoes are on sale and where with your friends or playing with your GPS unit.

Driving is a privilege not a right, you can easily harm yourself and worse others because of being distracted behind the wheel so I think it is quite logical and a good thing not to multi-task behind the wheel.

When you multi-task at home and get distracted, you might burn the food, then end up eating McDonald's for dinner. I know that is an awful thing but the consequences of making a similar mistake when driving would be a lot more severe!!

Sad that I actually had to make this explanation.
Boy, are these comments SEXIST. Oh, so women are putting on makeup or chatting about shoes? Ok Archie Bunker. Wow, this statement does not represent Arizona thinking well, lets hope the natives are little more forward thinking than what type of thinking I am seeing here!
And MEN also play with GPS units, are on cell phones, eating while they are driving or staring at women. Sadly, some people are too limited in thinking to see that both men and women are distracted drivers. It's not just women. My point is women are distracted in thought at times due to our tremendous multi tasking abilities. One thing men can not take a lot of credit for.

And by the fact that others are patting you on the back for your "great post" I sense I am dealing with older generation - old thinking mentalities. Not worth spending any further time here - I prefer to speak with more unbaised/educated people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area