Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:26 PM

54,477 posts, read 33,783,427 times

Advertisements

IndyDog, your best bet is the Biltmore area or Paradise Valley. There are also a lot of good neighborhoods around Piestewa/Squaw Peak and just north of there, east of the 51 freeway. There are mountains/hills in that area and houses run around $300 to $400 K. Plus, the good thing about it is it's not too far from downtown Phoenix on the 51. It might take you probably about 30 minutes on a bad day to take the SR 51 to I-10, and then I-10 to downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 07:49 AM

39 posts, read 120,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
IndyDog, your best bet is the Biltmore area or Paradise Valley. There are also a lot of good neighborhoods around Piestewa/Squaw Peak and just north of there, east of the 51 freeway. There are mountains/hills in that area and houses run around $300 to $400 K. Plus, the good thing about it is it's not too far from downtown Phoenix on the 51. It might take you probably about 30 minutes on a bad day to take the SR 51 to I-10, and then I-10 to downtown.

Cool, I ended up leasing a condo at 24th and camelback for now to see how we like the area. My work is at thomas and third, so I think it is just off of SR 51.
Thank you.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indylog View Post
Cool, I ended up leasing a condo at 24th and camelback for now to see how we like the area. My work is at thomas and third, so I think it is just off of SR 51.
Thank you.
I assume the condo is on 24th Street and not 24th Ave. Avenues are the west side and Streets are on the east side of Phoenix.

24th Street is about a mile east of the 51 Piestewa/Squaw Peak Freeway and it's only 2 miles north of Thomas. So you'll be about 5 miles northeast of your work location. Is it 3rd Ave or 3rd Street? regardless, they're both just 3 blocks away from Central Ave, which is the east/west dividing point.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:34 PM

39 posts, read 120,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I assume the condo is on 24th Street and not 24th Ave. Avenues are the west side and Streets are on the east side of Phoenix.

24th Street is about a mile east of the 51 Piestewa/Squaw Peak Freeway and it's only 2 miles north of Thomas. So you'll be about 5 miles northeast of your work location. Is it 3rd Ave or 3rd Street? regardless, they're both just 3 blocks away from Central Ave, which is the east/west dividing point.
I am still unfamiliar with the grid system in phoenix, you are correct it is at 24street and camelback (optima bilmore). I will be moving to phoenix at the end of this month, hope it cools down a bit by then. Great info, thank you.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:00 PM

No problem IndyLog, 24th Street and Camelback is a great area.

Don't count on the weather cooling down significantly until the end of September.. You'll be moving here during the monsoon season and there's less likelyhood of seeing temperatures over 110 degrees like we saw earlier this month, like the 117 on July 1st

Usually average high temps in August are around 105, but with a little higher humidity. But, once September is out of the way, it'll start getting nicer in the mornings and at nights, then around the middle to late October, the weather will be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area