Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:05 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,568,295 times

Advertisements

Check out the HOA fees on the condos. And remember: HOAs are not controlled. I mean they can raise them willy-nilly. Maybe there is some contract that they arrange beforehand that declares they won't raise HOAs by more than 0.5 (percentage point) above the CPI-U rate or something. That will be the day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 12:48 AM

162 posts, read 383,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2snow View Post
You may also want to take a look at financing for foreclosed homes that need repairs, which you may be able to piggy back onto the Your Way Home AZ program.

You have to get bids from "approved" contractors and you can finance the repairs/remodel.
We are considering a forclosed home, we are planning on a basic remodel of anywhere we move, new paint, appliances, etc. I know how to lay tile, I did it for a few years, so I can always do that, or get the "do it yourself wood flooring" from costco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Check out the HOA fees on the condos. And remember: HOAs are not controlled. I mean they can raise them willy-nilly. Maybe there is some contract that they arrange beforehand that declares they won't raise HOAs by more than 0.5 (percentage point) above the CPI-U rate or something. That will be the day!
What should I expect? I was thinking $150 tops?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: