U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-11-2009, 07:46 AM

14 posts, read 14,247 times
Default Calfornians, where r u guys in Phoenix????

I am from LA (Redondo Beach), currently, I am trying to pry my way out of Boston(Mistake #8), into Phoenix. I believe I have a job lined up. AnyWho, where are all the Californians living at??? I am thinking Peoria, Glendale (????) (Home price around $240,000). Few things I dont want to be around : Weirdos ,Cowboys,trailer trash,red necks . Any sugestions????????. I will take : Easy going, cool headed, cosmopolitan, progressive areas/groups of people.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:48 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,543,195 times
What difference would it make if there was a cluster of Californians living in one spot or not? I'd completely understand looking for a certain nationality or something, but Californians?

That'd be like me moving there and asking "Where are all the Minnesotans at?" Cuz I really wouldn't care if someone's from Minnesota, Missouri, Idaho, or Nebraska. o.O

Old 10-11-2009, 08:42 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,816,792 times
I ll refrain from comments I might make, but to answer the question and more. Californians are mixed in and about all of Phoenix. East, West, North, and South. Phoenix is a very immigrant dominated city with people from all over. So the Californians are everywhere. Oh, guess what....some of them are even wierdos, trailer trash, red necks etc.!!! (Ok, I guess I didnt refrain completely!)

Seriously though, there are very little differences between one part of the valley to another since its all relatively new. There are exceptions, but not in that price range you mentioned. So, in the end, the best thing to do is move closest as you can to your job. That will save you the commute time. You wont want to be on the west side (those cities you mentioned are), if your job is in East Mesa.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:39 AM

7,851 posts, read 15,431,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRICTTECH View Post
I am from LA (Redondo Beach), currently, I am trying to pry my way out of Boston(Mistake #8), into Phoenix. I believe I have a job lined up. AnyWho, where are all the Californians living at??? I am thinking Peoria, Glendale (????) (Home price around $240,000). Few things I dont want to be around : Weirdos ,Cowboys,trailer trash,red necks . Any sugestions????????. I will take : Easy going, cool headed, cosmopolitan, progressive areas/groups of people.
Interesting question, MRICTTECH . . .

Californians are never restricted from or limited to any particular area in Phoenix or Arizona . . . even the Weirdos, Cowboys, Trailer Trash and Rednecks from California so you should be welcomed just about anywhere.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:02 AM

2,916 posts, read 4,968,854 times
Quote:
Aren't you assuming people would want to be around YOU? What does anybody really know about YOU? Rather elitist thought process!

Old 10-11-2009, 02:11 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,256,549 times
I'm a native Californian with a residence in Phoenix and I'm working in the South Bay of LA (in your territory).

Californians are all over Phoenix. You will find the San Berdu/Riverside types in various run-down places. You will find western Orange County types in Paradise Valley's cleaner areas, North Scottsdale, parts of Ahwatukee. You will find upscale city core Californians in the loft parts, such as Biltmore, Kierland, downtown Scottsdale lofts, downtown Phoenix lofts, maybe around Tempe in the lofts. They tend to also be young and cosmopolitan, very social liberal.

Trailer trash, rednecks, and cowboys with monster trucks (yuck) are the ones from the Inland Empire. Avoid blighted areas. You get what you pay for.

Quote:

Old 10-12-2009, 08:45 AM

162 posts, read 58,082 times
Sounds like you'd like the area around Old Town Scottsdale?

Old 10-12-2009, 06:38 PM

14 posts, read 14,247 times
Thanks Sensimilla and Howard Roark. That was helpful. [SIZE=5]Howard Roark[/SIZE]
befriend
[SIZE=5]Howard Roark[/SIZE]
befriend

Old 10-12-2009, 08:08 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,256,549 times
I used to live there, but to help out a sister, lived in North Phoenix for a year, then southeast Phoenix, where I remain. Sis is in another state. She preferred a 30% income cut than to put up with the Phoenix heat. Oh well! I would move back to Scottsdale - can easily buy a 1400sq ft loft there with cash, but I foresee high end condos dropping much more. But yeah I love all of Scottsdale.

In the meantime my apartment in s. Phoenix is very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensimilla View Post
Sounds like you'd like the area around Old Town Scottsdale?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:44 PM

234 posts, read 404,600 times
Default everywhere!

It's a rare day when the conversation turns to hometowns and at least one person is not from CA. Just ask!

P.S. I'm from the South Bay, Too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area