U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:17 AM

8 posts, read 29,931 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I am planning a move to the Phoenix or Tucson area with my family this coming summer and would love to connect with anyone of Colombian descent as my wife and oldest daughters are native Barranquilleros. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 6,245 times
Hey what's going on! There are actually a bunch of Colombianos out here. We just had our first annual Colombian festival yesterday! It was had live vallenato, salsa and merengue. It was great. Anyways, me and my wife are both Colombian. I was born here and she was born in Medellin. Let me know if I can help out with anything!

~Juanpa

Old 10-18-2009, 04:43 PM

566 posts, read 1,068,692 times
I'm not Colombian but have visited Colombia twice as a tourist and am happy to hear you say that there are many Colombians here in Phoenix. The friendliness and good-nature of the Colombian people impressed me greatly during my travels throughout the country...aside from the natural beauty of the place.

Anyhow, I sincerely hope you and your family will enjoy it here in Phoenix! Welcome!

Old 10-19-2009, 10:05 AM

Default Thanks

It's comforting to know that there will be other Colombians in Phoenix. I appreciate the comments Xica_Da_Silva, and am open to making friends with everybody regardless of nationality. We are planning a visit this weekend to check out some areas. Juanpa, my wife is costena & mi abuelo era paisa. I will keep you posted on our impressions. It'd be great to make some friends before we move. We only know one or two people in Arizona.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:45 AM

Talking Here in Phoenix

Hello. My wife and I are here in Phoenix for the weekend. Would love feedback about places to visit and any Colombian or South American restaurants or bars etc. Thanks!!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2010, 04:59 PM

1 posts, read 5,765 times
Hello all....Me llamo Ricardo y vivo en Glendale...Mod cut: English only and use DM not your email.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:13 AM

1 posts, read 5,446 times
I hope is not too late to answer the former message we are a colombian born family
recently moved to arizona, mesa to be more precisly now we are only eating tacos and quesadillas ocasionally chinese food and we dont have friends yet [mod]not wise to post phone numbers on the internet[/mod]
Alberto.

Last edited by Kimballette; 01-25-2011 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: This is a message board, so members will reply to you here or via Direct Message.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:01 AM

3,510 posts, read 3,204,213 times
If you're Colombian, check out Mi Cocina on 43rd Ave and Bell in Phoenix, its more of an Ecuadorean place but there's a few Colombian staples on the menu as well.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,029 times
Greetings my wife is from Pereira Colombia. She would love to chat with other people from her County. We live gilbert/Queen Creek.

She is looking to meet new friends.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentkelp View Post
Greetings my wife is from Pereira Colombia. She would love to chat with other people from her County. We live gilbert/Queen Creek.

She is looking to meet new friends.
My fiancee is on her way here also from pereria, have you has she any luck meeting friends from home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area