Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:29 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times

Advertisements

good luck, dig.....there's always "two" in every crowd, you know..........

so are you working at the offered job now or not?.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 10:05 PM

239 posts, read 641,911 times
It seems like Dish/Direct are always looking for installers. Not really too high tech, but you will be able to pay your bills. Moderator cut: rude I like CL to sell stuff, but man are there some scammers in the jobs section (and the personals, too--LOL).

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-24-2009 at 11:27 PM..

Old 10-24-2009, 10:49 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,413,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunespinoza View Post
It seems like Dish/Direct are always looking for installers. Not really too high tech, but you will be able to pay your bills. Moderator cut: rude I like CL to sell stuff, but man are there some scammers in the jobs section (and the personals, too--LOL).
Most installers are contracted through other companies than DirectTV, but the jobs do pay well if you know what you're doing.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-24-2009 at 11:27 PM..

Old 10-24-2009, 11:49 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,762,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitech66 View Post
I was invited here by one of your local companies and offered employment since there are very few people in this area who can do what I do... I am keeping my options open , and you sir are the first ******* I have come across since my visit.
Before you criticize me I call BS since the title of this thread you are looking for work. Now you are claiming you were invited here and offered employment. you can think I'm an ******* not like I care.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:53 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,413,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
Before you criticize me I call BS since the title of this thread you are looking for work. Now you are claiming you were invited here and offered employment. you can think I'm an ******* not like I care.
I don't think he really has a job lined up, just making excuses for moving here with no job outlook. If he was offered a job, why not take it?

Old 10-25-2009, 01:39 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,515,497 times
I don't see any reason to call the guy a liar. He wanted to move to Arizona (or Denver, if you go back and read his prior posts), and he got a job offer in the area. So he moves here, but keeps his eyes open for a little better employment opportunity in the area. Perhaps the job offer is not in structured cabling, but a lesser related field. Who knows? No reason to jump all over the guys back.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:26 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
And even if he came here without a job, Moderator cut: rue ? Unemployment is 8%+ or higher across the country. So By definition, if you decided to go to any other state in the union someone could read you the riot act saying you are taking someone's job.

Now, if you don't think you want to help the guy out and you are sick of people assuming jobs are easy to be had, I understand that. Also, if the guy had no skills I could also see how you might not want to help. But he is bringing something to the table. Give the guy a break Moderator cut: rude .

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-25-2009 at 06:45 AM..

Old 10-25-2009, 09:09 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
I don't see any reason to call the guy a liar. He wanted to move to Arizona (or Denver, if you go back and read his prior posts), and he got a job offer in the area. So he moves here, but keeps his eyes open for a little better employment opportunity in the area. Perhaps the job offer is not in structured cabling, but a lesser related field. Who knows? No reason to jump all over the guys back.
I could not agree more, Ritchie . . .

The last time I checked, Alabama is still part of the United States and if Digitech is a legal citizen he has every right to relocate to Arizona for a fresh start. He should be welcomed and encouraged . . . NOT ATTACKED.

Damn shame our wonderful leaders here and in Washington are not addressing the Illegals the same way many have addressed Digitech.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:34 AM

239 posts, read 641,911 times
I'm moving to Phoenix on 20 November, and I don't have a job. Big deal. I've never been on public assistance, nor has anyone in my family. I am paying cash for a condominium, that has been abandoned and stripped of appliances. I have zero debt, a University Degree, and a credit score of 752. For starters, I am going to renew my Substitute Teaching Certificate; Math(s) and Geography are my best subjects. Just maybe Arizona's students need someone like that. Go ahead, trash me. But, if you think that I should not be welcome in Phoenix--take a good look in the mirror.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:23 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,559,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
In his second post, you would see that he was invited here BY a company with a job offer. I guess if there were lots of people in his field here already, that wouldn't have happened. He's apparently looking to see what else is out there. He gets to do that. Everyone here does, even if they have a job now.

WHERE did he say he was getting public benefits?

You don't have to roll out the welcome wagon, but I don't think it's right to slam a newcomer who HAS a job. Everyone here is always telling people (and with good reason) to have a job or a big financial cushion before they move. He did that. So why be the second ******he's met since he got here?
the other guy and I have a right to be upset for whatever reason. I'm just tired of companies in AZ hiring people from out of state when there are plenty of qualified people here to fill the vacancy. We dont need our jobs here being taken by people who dont even live here! As I said, there are too many people moving here, part of the reason why AZ has lost its luster. I feel local companies need to hire local candidates first, so we can have our chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area