U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 12:21 PM

24 posts, read 39,327 times

Advertisements

Just arrived and staying in the Tempe area. I've lived out west as a child and always wanted to get back - Arizona was always my destination , took over twenty-five years but I made it. I am looking for work in the area and if anyone knows of anyone looking or could use an experienced structured cabling tech ( data, voice, Cat5, Fiber etc.) then please have them contact me here or itstech66@tmail.com / Thank you very much for any help or information. I am keeping an eye on Craigslist and actually have a lead or two. Everyone I've met out here so far has been awesome. Can't wait for the summer weather and temps in triple digits ... without humidity !!! LoL / Thanks again !!! John from Bama -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 02:08 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,036,662 times
Nice another transplant moving here without a job just what we need when the people who already live here can find work.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:32 PM

24 posts, read 39,327 times
I was invited here by one of your local companies and offered employment since there are very few people in this area who can do what I do... I am keeping my options open , and you sir are the first ******* I have come across since my visit.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:39 PM

3,392 posts, read 7,103,779 times
I have done some real estate development in the past, and one of the larger companies is Wilson Electric. They do electrical and low volt, remodels, etc. I know they are big into commercial, but I think also do multi-family residential and maybe even single family residential. They are located centrally in Tempe by the airport, check them out.

I have also hired Hilltop Electric, which is primarily residential, and they manage a servicing company for AZ called Mr. Electric. I think they are located in the East valley, either Gilbert or Chandler.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:07 PM

17,642 posts, read 36,113,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitech66 View Post
I was invited here by one of your local companies and offered employment since there are very few people in this area who can do what I do... I am keeping my options open , and you sir are the first ******* I have come across since my visit.
Your situation is a bit different since you'd already been offered a job when you came, and you are, as you said, "keeping your options open". You didn't mention that in your first post.

Please understand that there are many people who post on this board who come here without a job offer, or want to come here before they have a guarantee of work. That's made some of the posters here a bit weary of the " I just moved here from ____ and I'm looking for work" post, given the poor job market here in many sectors.

Good luck to you, either in the job you came here with or whatever you may find in the future.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:04 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,245,672 times
Terrific. Yet another unemployed person coming here, expecting the grass to be greener, and competing for jobs with the rest of us who live here and cant find work. Not to mention putting an extra burden on the state's social services. Too many people coming here (and not enough jobs for people) is one of the reasons for the state's mess.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:07 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,245,672 times
Quote:
Make that two! We already have enough people here that are more than qualified to fill job vacancies. Personally, I would stay in Alabama and wait for their econ to turn arund too, instead of relocating where the grass is not greener. Why not Texas or something?

Old 10-24-2009, 05:09 PM

17,642 posts, read 36,113,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
Terrific. Yet another unemployed person coming here, expecting the grass to be greener, and competing for jobs with the rest of us who live here and cant find work. Not to mention putting an extra burden on the state's social services. Too many people coming here (and not enough jobs for people) is one of the reasons for the state's mess.
In his second post, you would see that he was invited here BY a company with a job offer. I guess if there were lots of people in his field here already, that wouldn't have happened. He's apparently looking to see what else is out there. He gets to do that. Everyone here does, even if they have a job now.

WHERE did he say he was getting public benefits?

You don't have to roll out the welcome wagon, but I don't think it's right to slam a newcomer who HAS a job. Everyone here is always telling people (and with good reason) to have a job or a big financial cushion before they move. He did that. So why be the second ******he's met since he got here?

Old 10-24-2009, 05:19 PM

9,387 posts, read 26,637,834 times
Quote:
Beautifully stated, Digitech . . . you are far more gracious than I.

by the way, WELCOME to Arizona and GOOD LUCK!

Old 10-24-2009, 09:07 PM

2,897 posts, read 9,207,143 times
Quote:
If you have a job offer, why not take it? This info should have been included in your first post, don't get mad because YOU forgot to include relevant information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area