Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:14 PM

584 posts, read 1,340,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon on the SE corner of estrella/van buren - but I wouldn't read much into it

If I recall correctly, the original plan was to have that be an Albertsons - before albertsons went through with their issues

I know there are some home available in the newer part of Wildflower ranch (down 159th between van buren & yuma) for an absolute steal

I don't know much about Centerra, but I imagine there is availability there as well.

Canyon Trails would be another good choice.

There is a Frys Marketplace going in at Yuma & Sarival (between estrella & cotton) and there will be future development around the ballpark and yuma & estrella is the future home for the goodyear city center - I personally know of a short sale where they are looking for $80k and a traditional sale where they are asking just under $100k

the bulk of the foreclosures have come and gone ... there are still some cycling through as well as short sales, but not nearly as bad as it was a year to 18 months ago
Are those subdivisions you mentioned consider good/safe area to live ? I just drove by once and have no idea which neiborhood is better than others.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 04:38 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
definitely - very quiet areas

crime maps will show your typical suburban stuff, but you can walk around anytime of the day or night and be fine with typical awareness

Old 03-12-2010, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 961 times
For anyone looking to buy in the Goodyear Canyon Trails area, It is a great place to live! My husband and I recently purchased a home in Glenmont Estates Estrella Pwy and Yuma crossroads. Our house was a foreclosure with absolutely nothing wrong with it. The listing price was for 123,000 we ended up bidding a little more for that and actually got it! There is so much being built around where we are at, Goodyear is quite, but still close enough to Phoenix with being right there. I definitely am so thankful that we were able to purchase our first home. I love Goodyear. Our mortage payment with P and I is $900/mo that is what we were paying in Phoenix just for an apt. My husband is the only one working and it allows me to stay home with our two little ones. It is worth looking out here, I promise that you will be impressed we have close friends that have moved out here for the same reasons we did and love it too. Get in while you can:-) Right now in Glemont Estates our same floor plan has shortsale and also a regular seller selling starting at 120K for the shortsale and 123K for the seller selling it is the Aurora model (AWESOME floorplan)

Old 03-12-2010, 01:00 PM

I like glenmont estates - if I could sell my home I'd buy there

Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I like glenmont estates - if I could sell my home I'd buy there
I like Glenmont, too. Don't like the name, though. It sounds odd out here in the land of "falls, pebbles, and canyons".

Old 03-13-2010, 09:38 AM

heh - don't forget your ranches, farms and parks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area