Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 12:11 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,272,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Oh yes they are, and this applies to both Phoenix AND Vegas. A quick search on Craigslist for car ads will tell the whole story in EITHER city. Phoenix does have a lower unemployment rate than Vegas, which I have said multiple times. What I did not realize, in which my friend pointed out, is the state of Arizona is FLAT BROKE, even more so than Nevada. In fact, the ONLY state worse off than Arizona is California. My buddy told me January is going to be the turning point when his job situation will be laid down. The fact is Arizona does not have the money to pay his $21 an hour salary, so they need to bully him, and treat him like crap to make him quit,so they can hire some unqualified kid at $15 an hour. As I said, Arizona has a bunch of unqualified idiots running the show, and it WILL be their down fall. Think of this, we have Harry Reid, and Arizona has John McCain. Not only that we have a very respectable sherrif name Doug Gillespie, unlike that POS over there who always makes the news here as the laughing stock he is.
You're acting like this is "BREAKING NEWS" that the economies of California, Nevada, AZ and Florida are in trouble. The work is not done. Phoenix is still in the sunbelt, and attracts educated people. Everyone here is aware that we can't be dependent on housing any longer, so changes are going to be made. It's not going to become a ghost town, but it is likely to get worse before it gets better.

Sorry if I don't take my economic advice from craigslist and uneducated prison guards.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:17 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
You can dispute my grammar, but you can not dispute what I am saying.
Actually, as to your comments about Arizona, yes, I can, and do, dispute what you are "saying"

Your attempted use of Craigslist as some sort of authority, or backup, to your assertions is, at best, laughable.

Yes, the State of Arizona has large financial issues. No question. But, Arizona is NOT "falling apart" as you try to suggest.

I might suggest you seek out more authoritative research next time. Your current resources, including your "friend" is also laughable.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:19 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
Think of this, we have Harry Reid,
Not for much longer. Reids poll numbers clearly indicate that he is in SERIOUS trouble - and most likely will not be re-elected.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:34 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,227,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Actually, as to your comments about Arizona, yes, I can, and do, dispute what you are "saying"

Your attempted use of Craigslist as some sort of authority, or backup, to your assertions is, at best, laughable.

Yes, the State of Arizona has large financial issues. No question. But, Arizona is NOT "falling apart" as you try to suggest.

I might suggest you seek out more authoritative research next time. Your current resources, including your "friend" is also laughable.
Greatday,

My friend is real, and has always been honest with me. He even said his higher up boss was just given a brand new car by the state, while they continue to sh@t on him and others who have been there for a long time. He has told me it has now gotten so bad, that he can barely work there as almost all the guards are upset, and grouchy. I guess you think this is some kind of joke, but it isn't. As far as Craigslist, I get bored at work, and look at all the ads nightly. I have seen a dramatic increase in both Phoenix in Vegas in the ads where I see....

"I am moving immediately because of the economy, but please do not lowball me on my car."

"The downturn has killed me, I need to sell my car immediately for my move"

This was not the case 3 years ago.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:55 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,840,588 times
Quote:
Greatday,

My friend is real, and has always been honest with me. He even said his higher up boss was just given a brand new car by the state, while they continue to sh@t on him and others who have been there for a long time. He has told me it has now gotten so bad, that he can barely work there as almost all the guards are upset, and grouchy. I guess you think this is some kind of joke, but it isn't. As far as Craigslist, I get bored at work, and look at all the ads nightly. I have seen a dramatic increase in both Phoenix in Vegas in the ads where I see....

"I am moving immediately because of the economy, but please do not lowball me on my car."

Maybe the people on Craigslist are selling what they don't need and using the economy and saying a move as a marketing ploy to get someone to think they are getting a good deal on a car? I have seen the same with appliances and furniture, but a lot of the time the price and the picture are way out of line with 'needing to sell today'...just a thought...

Old 12-05-2009, 02:39 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,663,830 times
Quote:
Greatday,

I agree with you. And as idiotic as it sounds, I might even regard the craiglist comments as more of pulse on the truth than a overly cheery report in the local news. News reports are all just speculation and 2 sides can take the same data and twist it in whatever direction they feel like where no one can prove what is "right".

IMO, things have to get much worse before they can get better. If I completely disregard any statistics I read in the papers or see on TV, and go by what I see around me, I see even more foreclosures popping up. Home Sales prices are lower yet than even 3 months ago. People who didnt even buy at the peak are now underwater too and have no choice but to "walk" if they need to move. Now, not only do we get the short sales of those that can't afford it, we also get the ones where people can afford it, but need to move with no other way to sell.

Nothing appears to be breaking the spell yet, and news like LVDrunk shares points to yet more turmoil. I'm sure if everyone was honest, they would have a story to tell too about someone they know, or even themselves that is still being affected by the economy, regardless of all the good news being spread about recovery. Isn't it funny how when things are good, the news is always negative, like "How long can it last?" "The bubble is going to pop" then in bad times, the news is always trumpeting "Good times ahead" "Recovery Underway". etc.

While I can't see why a privatized prison system would be cause to grant pardons to incarcerated criminals, I can see that things are indeed going to get worse for many before they get better.

Old 12-05-2009, 03:41 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
Quote:
The state budget of Arizona is already done. People in Arizona are leaving in groves now, and there is absolutely nothing that is going to change that.
The only "groves" of people leaving Arizona are the illegals, LVD.

As far as I'm concerned . . . nothing but a positive, especially for the budget.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:41 PM

1,292 posts, read 3,473,325 times
Quote:
The state budget of Arizona is already done. People in Arizona are leaving in groves now.
So, they are hanging out in orchards or something?

Even the federal "jail" system (where people are kept awaiting federal trial) is run by a private company, the Correctional Corporation of America. They don't do a bad job.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:02 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,900,535 times
I don't know a lot about what's going on with the prisons but a little. I have two family members in the prison system at the moment.

What they are doing, first, is moving inmates to other prisons. My nephew was sent to a minimum security prison in Colorado. He is in for parole violation and originally was in for drugs. He did say there's a possibility he will get out early but if he was in for murder he wouldn't even be considered. Another relative won't be considered either.

I highly doubt that they would be throwing hard core criminals out on the streets but it's a great rumor to cause a lot of fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area