U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 01-05-2010, 01:41 PM
 
2,943 posts, read 3,582,671 times
Reputation: 1113
Tort Reform. Make the ACLU, etc, pay for the frivolous lawsuits when they lose. That will save taxpayers a whole lot of money.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2010, 02:02 PM
 
259 posts, read 377,914 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
So you prefer to pay off lawsuits (and there are tons of lawsuits) rather then have the officers properly trained...Hmm....

Rethink that...and get back to us with your justification.
Greedy lawyers playing the lawsuit lottery is a fact of life here in America. If you don't like it than change it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 02:03 PM
 
259 posts, read 377,914 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Tort Reform. Make the ACLU, etc, pay for the frivolous lawsuits when they lose. That will save taxpayers a whole lot of money.
Lawyers posing as lawmakers will never cut themselves out of the action. That you can be sure of.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,218 posts, read 5,720,648 times
Reputation: 1457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanque Verde View Post
Greedy lawyers playing the lawsuit lottery is a fact of life here in America. If you don't like it than change it.
great justification...blame it on the lawyers

By your reasoning it would be even more important to train your officers.

And not knowing the 4th Amendment when your in Joe's position? That is just shameful. And you guys want this man to be governor or president?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
 
259 posts, read 377,914 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
great justification...blame it on the lawyers

By your reasoning it would be even more important to train your officers.

And not knowing the 4th Amendment when your in Joe's position? That is just shameful. And you guys want this man to be governor or president?
Dude, this isn't about me. It's about greedy lawsuit lottery lawyers.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM
 
Location: South Tempe, AZ
13,877 posts, read 16,598,235 times
Reputation: 6173
Based on your handle, Tanque Verde, do you live in Pima County, or outside Maricopa County? If so, you have no dog in this fight. Pima County's sheriff gets his job done without all the theatrics. Good for him.

And what you repeatedly call "charm school" is knowing how to do one's job. Doesn't sound like charm school to me.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 06:25 PM
 
259 posts, read 377,914 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Based on your handle, Tanque Verde, do you live in Pima County, or outside Maricopa County? If so, you have no dog in this fight. Pima County's sheriff gets his job done without all the theatrics. Good for him.

And what you repeatedly call "charm school" is knowing how to do one's job. Doesn't sound like charm school to me.
My parents lived on Tanque Verde Loop Rd when I was hatched. Thus my screen name or handle.

As for idiotic stunts down in Tucson we had our very own rose mary wilcox parading up & down the street with an effigy of Sheriff Joe to which she severed it's head and than ran around in circles while holding it high over her own head.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, Az (unfortunately still here)
2,551 posts, read 1,445,659 times
Reputation: 1521
I'm actually sick of him. He treats the inmates like they are maggots or something. I know, the crimes they did are not good, but they are still human!! For God sakes, let them have their cigarettes, decent food (3 meals a day too, not just 2), and wear some normal looking inmate clothes (those stupid stripes are so 1930's). And get rid of that stupid Tent City (no wonder so many had health problems there). And get rid of those pink towels, socks, and underwear. Should be white.

He just loves to humiliate other human beings but himself and his family...KICK HIM OUT!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, Az (unfortunately still here)
2,551 posts, read 1,445,659 times
Reputation: 1521
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned part of post
I wish we had more guys like Joe.

OKay, I take it you've never been to a Phoenix jail before.

I did! 1 time, back in 2003 (for something I didn't do, for real). And stayed only l day. But man, that was the longest 1 day in my life! That place sucked. They put at least 30 people in 1 tiny, little tank until they saw the judge. For 16 hours at that! That's so inhumane!!

I was sick and threw up. But I was let go and 2 weeks later they found out that I wasn't the person who caused the arguing at a bar. I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. It was another lady with dark hair. They finally caught her.

But with that experience in the Phoenix jail, I swore to never go there again and I never have since.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 05:56 PM
 
259 posts, read 377,914 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
I'm actually sick of him. He treats the inmates like they are maggots or something. I know, the crimes they did are not good, but they are still human!! For God sakes, let them have their cigarettes, decent food (3 meals a day too, not just 2), and wear some normal looking inmate clothes (those stupid stripes are so 1930's). And get rid of that stupid Tent City (no wonder so many had health problems there). And get rid of those pink towels, socks, and underwear. Should be white.

He just loves to humiliate other human beings but himself and his family...KICK HIM OUT!!!
Hey, and why don't we go ahead and throw in free limo service to the biltmore spa for all the inmates as well.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top