Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:41 AM

264 posts, read 1,596,224 times

Advertisements

What about Desert Ridge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 09:53 AM

725 posts, read 2,322,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagirl View Post
What about Desert Ridge?
That's 1 of my favorite areas!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:00 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
Fountain Hills is beautiful. I also love Tempe (I lived in Tempe for 1 year, when I first came to Arizona in Oct. 2001). I miss Tempe very much.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagirl View Post
What about Desert Ridge?

I used to live not far from Desert Ridge! I loved that place. I went there almost every weekend to go shopping or go out with some friends of mine to party. It was great. I used to live on the corner of Bell Rd. and Tatum (about 1-2 miles from Desert Ridge). I love that place! I miss it.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:11 PM

725 posts, read 2,322,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
I used to live not far from Desert Ridge! I loved that place. I went there almost every weekend to go shopping or go out with some friends of mine to party. It was great. I used to live on the corner of Bell Rd. and Tatum (about 1-2 miles from Desert Ridge). I love that place! I miss it.
Lots of activity at the 101 Freeway and Tatum Blvd. Desert Ridge has become a hot spot, and to realize it was middle of nowhere just a few years ago!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 12:21 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,018,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homlish560 View Post
That's 1 of my favorite areas!!!!!!!!!
Is that Desert Ridge or Tempe Market Place? If it is Desert Ridge then, wow, lots of those suburban things look way too similar.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:18 AM

13 posts, read 36,318 times
OK, so an update from me, the poster. You guys are smart, we actually rented a place in Desert Ridge! We love it up here. BUT, I'm thinking in 5 yrs, with all of the building out, the traffic at rush hour will be too much. Also, not happy with the lack of a preschool, lack of a gym, lack of many doctors, music lessons, general lack of anything that is not retail. The gym is a big deal and there is nothing up here. Had my son in the public school this spring, Wildfire Elem. It is a good school BUT he in in K with 27 kids to one teacher-- no aide. Imagine why he is not "thriving!" Have enrolled him at Arts Academy at Scottsdale (formerly CASY Country Day) and very excited about that for the fall. Mission Montessori had us on a waiting list (supposedly 12 or 13 on the list) and then I found out the class was suddenly full (15 kids) without my son being offered a spot. Pretty sure that is not legal for a public school. Beware of the snobbery. Anyway, still need a preschool for the other little guy. Any suggestions?

Also, still need to buy a house. The only area close enough to Payson is east Scottsdale. I did rule out Fountain hills. Really not liking many of the Scottsdale people. Now thinking Paradise Valley Mall area is likely. The only problem is the commute to Payson but so far thats only once a week.

Anyone from Walpole is a friend of ours. You are welcome to get to know us!

Thanks for the help everybody!

Old 12-02-2010, 02:17 PM

13 posts, read 36,318 times
A Second Update: We rented a house in Desert Ridge from Feb to Sept, then we bought a short sale in Fountain Hills and moved 6 weeks ago. My first impressions are: I LOVE Fountain Hills. It is not hip, not happening, not full of families like Chandler and Gilbert and in some ways thats a little hard. BUT its sooooooooooooo peaceful and beautiful, esp. compared to Desert Ridge. I have the kids in a charter in Scottsdale so I have not experienced the schools. So we drive into Scottsdale daily and take part in all of the stores etc, but we don't feel we would be happy living there. I love looking at mountains every day and stars every night, and not hearing tons of cars drive down the street constantly. We feel we have found our little perfect ending to our trek across country.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:14 PM

149 posts, read 533,509 times
Congratulations and welcome to Fountain Hills!! Those were exact thoughts/feelings we had when we chose Fountain Hills. We rented a house in N. Scottsdale for a month and we just did not feel like we would be happy there. And one thing... we don't think there will ever be a WallMart here .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area