Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:38 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
So things have changed drastically since Ocober of 2009 Did you even read the links I posted? There was a heated debate that is current, so I agree with Arizonariverfan that this thread needs to be squashed.
ah...ok then so become a moderator and inforce your will on the rest of us.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:02 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Ok, sorry, I was just trying to help the op by posting links for their comparison. I have no desire to become a moderator, so carry on as I respectably leave the thread.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:24 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:

You mean ENforce his will on the rest of "you" because I doubt most members would feel heartbroken if another Phoenix vs Denver thread got closed. Most of us with common sense can read a link from October of 2009 and realize that isn't too far off from now. We are also asking to close it so it doesn't attract people for the wrong reasons ie "My city is better than yours" which these threads often devolve into and do the opposite of being productive

Old 01-15-2010, 09:10 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
You mean ENforce his will on the rest of "you" because I doubt most members would feel heartbroken if another Phoenix vs Denver thread got closed. Most of us with common sense can read a link from October of 2009 and realize that isn't too far off from now. We are also asking to close it so it doesn't attract people for the wrong reasons ie "My city is better than yours" which these threads often devolve into and do the opposite of being productive
Yep ENforce... I'm a lover not a speller. Personally I would love to tell how our awesome city is better than Denver. I have lived in both, as well as several other cities. I personally have not found the perfect place, but I Do absolutely love this Valley and State for 7/12ths of the year. I have superficial dislikes of Denver, I thought Most of the city was rather ugly. Skyscrapers don't impress me, and heavy industrial places really turn me off. I know you have to make stuff somewhere, but I would not want to leave near it. I was turned off by the prairie, and the complete utter brown for miles and miles on I25. Rolling brown dead grass or dirt. The Rocky Mountains were "OK" at least the view from the front range. Icy roads and high winds...never were my friend, I never adjusted, my knuckles white, my shoulder tense, as I braved my way to work in the morning and the same situation at night, except now It was dark, windy, and even more icy. Denver showed no mercy as far as consieration in traffic situations. I thought most Colorado residents had a death wish. OK AZriverfan, you may spell check now.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:23 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Yep ENforce... I'm a lover not a speller. Personally I would love to tell how our awesome city is better than Denver. I have lived in both, as well as several other cities. I personally have not found the perfect place, but I Do absolutely love this Valley and State for 7/12ths of the year. I have superficial dislikes of Denver, I thought Most of the city was rather ugly. Skyscrapers don't impress me, and heavy industrial places really turn me off. I know you have to make stuff somewhere, but I would not want to leave near it. I was turned off by the prairie, and the complete utter brown for miles and miles on I25. Rolling brown dead grass or dirt. The Rocky Mountains were "OK" at least the view from the front range. Icy roads and high winds...never were my friend, I never adjusted, my knuckles white, my shoulder tense, as I braved my way to work in the morning and the same situation at night, except now It was dark, windy, and even more icy. Denver showed no mercy as far as consieration in traffic situations. I thought most Colorado residents had a death wish. OK AZriverfan, you may spell check now.
sniff sniff

Couldnt handle a little bad weather? Whatsa matter, did yer balls drop off or something? j/k

Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
sniff sniff

Couldnt handle a little bad weather? Whatsa matter, did yer balls drop off or something? j/k
LOL, no, but if you'd ever driven mountainous grades during bad winter weather you'd understand the difference as the poster was explaining his dislike of Rocky Mountain driving; this is true of Northern Arizona as well.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:39 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
LOL, no, but if you'd ever driven mountainous grades during bad winter weather you'd understand the difference as the poster was explaining his dislike of Rocky Mountain driving; this is true of Northern Arizona as well.
He lived in Denver, not Vail. There's not many mountainous roads within the city limits. Most of Denver's roads are pool table smooth.

I can imagine how bad it could be up in the high passes though, especially where plow trucks dont get to. But, I drive in snow several times every year here in Chicagoland. Its really not that bad, people. You slow down a bit, keep a little extra distance between cars and thats about it. But if youre like me, you use the snow to have fun in... some nice drifting on the steets makes every little trip feel like an adventure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z6_fIakpbs

Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
He lived in Denver, not Vail. There's not many mountainous roads within the city limits. Most of Denver's roads are pool table smooth.

I can imagine how bad it could be up in the high passes though, especially where plow trucks dont get to. But, I drive in snow several times every year here in Chicagoland. Its really not that bad, people. You slow down a bit, keep a little extra distance between cars and thats about it. But if youre like me, you use the snow to have fun in... some nice drifting on the steets makes every little trip feel like an adventure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z6_fIakpbs
Yeah, driving in "Chicagoland" in snow is quite different form driving in the mountains. Much more treacherous and difficult.

what the original poster wrote:

Quote:
The Rocky Mountains were "OK" at least the view from the front range. Icy roads and high winds...never were my friend
Maybe I misinterpreted but I assume he means regional driving and getting to other places from Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area