Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:38 PM

15 posts, read 38,110 times

Advertisements

the Mission Springs or Monarch at Tempe? come you guys you live in this area...smile...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 10:31 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,041,763 times
Never heard of either, but....I looked them up and Mission Springs is right by me, 5 minutes away. Sounds like a good area in theory, but reviews are crappy.

Mission Springs Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Tempe apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Here is the other Monarch at Tempe Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Tempe apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

WHich one did you like best when you saw them? I live in Ahwatukee (some of it is on other side of street of Tempe depending on borders) and I figure that my apartment is nice and once I shut the door I am fine. So, if it looked nice, while you are here, drive by at night, too, and then see how you like it.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:57 PM

75 posts, read 196,716 times
Tempe hands down.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:56 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,695,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztoga View Post
Tempe. NO question about it! Whoever it was that suggested the OP is too old for Tempe is just plain silly. Tempe has a lot going on for 20-somethings, 30-somethings, 40-somethings, and on and on. Many fun things for your kids, close to the university...

Go for it!
Exactly. My new name should be "Tempe cheerleader" because I like this city so much. I can take the light rail to my favorite community college or the bus to a university. I can go to the lake and take a bike ride, or down one of the many bike paths available. I have many different choices of food, and did I mention how well planned out the bus system is here? Valley wide bus system plus an inter-Tempe bus? There is a giant mall opening a giant aquarium soon, did i mention the bike trails? parks, food, walmart, rich,poor,student.

I don't know how many key words would fit Tempe, but the only negative thing about Tempe is opportunity thieves. Maybe its the same throughout the valley, but never experienced it till I moved to Tempe. I left some tools outside because I was going to mount something on the front of my apartment. I went in for a quick drink and came back out, the bag was gone... No where to be found.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:28 AM

15 posts, read 38,110 times
Lightbulb Happy @ HOME in Tempe

I arrived last Thursday and beginning to truly enjoy my new life and pursuit of happiness in my new home Tempe...it's pretty hot hOWEVER Im lookintg forward to weathering my 1st summer (wish me luck) lol it seems most people are transplants from somewhere else,,thats cool too.

Thank you all for giving me GREAT info and welcoming to Arizona...Tempe is where I be...peace

Old 05-02-2010, 06:33 PM

14 posts, read 21,591 times
You don't say your age range... Tempe is great for 20 somethings. It has lots of young college age residents and activities to match. Glendale might be better for more mature tenants.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:54 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana to Arizona View Post
I arrived last Thursday and beginning to truly enjoy my new life and pursuit of happiness in my new home Tempe...it's pretty hot hOWEVER Im lookintg forward to weathering my 1st summer (wish me luck) lol it seems most people are transplants from somewhere else,,thats cool too.

Thank you all for giving me GREAT info and welcoming to Arizona...Tempe is where I be...peace
Welcome to our fair city. We're glad to have you!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhughes87 View Post
You don't say your age range... Tempe is great for 20 somethings. It has lots of young college age residents and activities to match. Glendale might be better for more mature tenants.
Agree.

Tempe is mostly suited for the younger singles, especially northern Tempe around Mill, ASU, Rio Salado areas.

Glendale is more up and coming than it used to be, no longer a bedroom community but it's still quieter overall than Tempe is.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:49 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
Agree.

Tempe is mostly suited for the younger singles, especially northern Tempe around Mill, ASU, Rio Salado areas.

Glendale is more up and coming than it used to be, no longer a bedroom community but it's still quieter overall than Tempe is.
I'm not a "younger single", but an older one, and have lived in Tempe for decades. The area immediately around the university is VERY different from the Tempe south of Southern Ave, or even Broadway. I would not even know the University is a few miles away. It's a great place to live. People who describe all of Tempe as not "quiet" have never been to south Tempe.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I'm not a "younger single", but an older one, and have lived in Tempe for decades. The area immediately around the university is VERY different from the Tempe south of Southern Ave, or even Broadway. I would not even know the University is a few miles away. It's a great place to live. People who describe all of Tempe as not "quiet" have never been to south Tempe.
I know, southern Tempe is a lot like the Chandler neighborhood I used to live a few years ago, suburban, good school district, plentiful shopping, good streets and freeway access.

Northern Tempe around Rio Salado, Mill, ASU, and the bar scene is a whole different world it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area