Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:22 PM

13 posts, read 42,199 times

Advertisements

The job market in Illinois is no piece of cake either. I will have a job lined up for sure. But I cannot take too much more of this cold depressing weather. I want heat all year round..:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 04:41 PM

13 posts, read 42,199 times
My girlfriend lives in Gilbert. She used to live in Mesa. She stated both were good places to live if you have kids. I don't want to live in any big cities. I love the peace and quite of the suburbs. I can always drive to city if I want a lot of noise :-)

Old 02-09-2010, 08:17 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des2u4u View Post
My girlfriend lives in Gilbert. She used to live in Mesa. She stated both were good places to live if you have kids. I don't want to live in any big cities. I love the peace and quite of the suburbs. I can always drive to city if I want a lot of noise :-)
What's nice about Phoenix is our suburbs are close to downtown and is truly entrenched within the city thus you have the best of both worlds. You have the peace and quiet of the suburbs but the ammenities of a city close by. In other cities, everything is downtown and their suburbs don't really have anything.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
The job market in Illinois is no piece of cake either. I will have a job lined up for sure. But I cannot take too much more of this cold depressing weather. I want heat all year round..:-)
There aint heat "all year round" in Arizona, dont kid yourself. If you want heat all year round, your only 2 true choices would be the Florida Keys or Honolulu. Dont think you can go swimming all year round in AZ or wear shorts all year round either.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:21 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
You're more likely to find peace and quiet in downtown Phoenix than the suburbs. Downtown is deadtown.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:22 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
There aint heat "all year round" in Arizona, dont kid yourself. If you want heat all year round, your only 2 true choices would be the Florida Keys or Honolulu. Dont think you can go swimming all year round in AZ or wear shorts all year round either.
You can't even go swimming all year round in the Florida Keys or Honolulu either. Florida can get cold including the Keys especially during a storm or hurricane. It's 67 degrees in the Florida Keys right now. You aren't swimming in that unless you are a member of the Polar Bears club

Old 02-11-2010, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Well to start off, half of Arizona is from Illinois !!! You will find Chicagoans in every city and you will be surprised at the number who have moved here because of the weather. I myself did it 9 years ago, and each April we say to each other that we must like it here, cause time flies and we don't want to go back. I am in Chandler and its a nice, mixed community of all ages. If I could afford it, I would move to an active adult community, just for the activities, but til then, I will stay put. You can't beat this time of the year. The weather permits all outside activities, and I noticed today that I have big green tomatoes on the vines. Lots of people out walking, biking, and dog walking this AM. It was after a short rainfall last night and it smelled just like Wisconsin. Pine trees and grass in my community with lakes and bike paths. So, come on down ! You will love it.

What do you mean by an "active adult community"? I'm a 35 year old single guy being transferred to Phoenix by my company and I'm currently house hunting. I have co workers in Chandler and Gilbert and have been looking around that area.

thank you!
T

Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,739,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhunt View Post
What do you mean by an "active adult community"?
It is a code phrase for "retirement community". Clearly not what you would be looking for.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:42 PM

5 posts, read 5,263 times
Default Moving from IL to AZ

Quote:
Des2u4u if you did move, how has your experience been? Where did you decide on moving to?

Old 03-25-2015, 01:52 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snkrhead View Post
Des2u4u if you did move, how has your experience been? Where did you decide on moving to?

Looks like they are still in IL four years later, and now looking at the Las Vegas area. Il resident-moving to summerlin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area