Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 7,695 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find a nice neighborhood for my parents, who are in their 80's. They have lived in Chandler for 30 years, and Sun Lakes at present. Though they like Sun Lakes, we wanted to look at some of the newer communities further east. They do not have to be in an adult community, but we do hope for a quiet, friendly neighborhood with a slow pace of life. Any suggestions? Our price range is in the 250,000.-270,000. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 12:33 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,277,207 times
Trilogy at Power Ranch. All nice, newer single story homes with decent sized lots. It's gated and has a Golf Course/Country Club. There's also Springfield in Chandler at Roughly Riggs and Gilbert Road. I think the houses are a little nicer at Trilogy, but Springfield may be in a better location if they want to stay near Sun Lakes.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:24 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,341,709 times
If they dont have to be in the Valley itself, the Pulte development at Anthem north of Florence is very nice - and then the Robson Ranch Community down in Eloy is also nice, albeit a little removed from the world at present - but a very nice country club and golf course. A little closer to civilization is the Meritage homes Mission Valley community in Casa Grande - right across the street from the new mall and right on the freeway, but not much distinctive about it.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:07 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,175,351 times
Encanterra ( a new Trilogy community) has just opened in the San Tan Valley

Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,277,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
Encanterra ( a new Trilogy community) has just opened in the San Tan Valley

That's an odd community. They have been selling and closing homes for a while, even though they are just now having their "Grand Opening". It seems like that was originally planned to be an active adult community, more upscale than the others, but right now it is not age restricted. I assume that may be based on economic conditions. There's a lot of 2 bedroom homes with no party walls (typical of retirement communities), but very nicely done and upscale with a great golf course and amenities. One home even sold in there for about $650,000. Most of the homes seem very overpriced to me, based on the location. I do plan to weasel my way onto that golf course, though.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 PM

284 posts, read 700,795 times
Why are you moving your parents if they are happy where they are?
Are you interested in the older active living communities like Leisure World or Sunland East?

Old 02-12-2010, 08:56 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,057,618 times
If your parents are in their 80's, I would think being somewhat close to a hospital might be important. A Banner hospital is supposed to open in November, very close to Encanterra. And there are quite a few retirement communities close to Banner Baywood on Power Rd - Fountain of the Sun, Leisure World.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 7,695 times
Thanks for your help, we will continue to look in the Chandler/Sun Lakes area. I thought perhaps it might be fun to try a new community, but this is what they are use to.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:42 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,175,351 times
Sun Bird Golf community is just 3.5 miles east of Sun Lakes in Chandler.

Homes are a little newer, 1990s vintage, I have been in a few homes they seem pretty nice for the money.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:23 PM

11 posts, read 56,366 times
Sunland springs village. I sold home there recently. It’s a great retirement community. Wish I could live there. They have single family homes, maintenance free condos, golf condos and Gemini twin homes.
The Recreation Center includes a 13,000 sq. ft. auditorium, state-of-the-art fitness center, resort style swimming pool, lap pool, spa, and courts for tennis, bocce ball, horseshoes, shuffleboard, volleyball, basketball and pickle ball. In addition, the place houses a woodworking shop, library, arts and crafts, billiards and card rooms.
Located within the community is an impressive softball field, and even a pet park for the enjoyment of the “Fido” population. Also, the community has an onsite facility for storage of your motor home, 5th wheel, or travel trailer, available on a rental basis.
There is something for everyone! Choose activities ranging from dances, tours, concerts, dinners, to cruises scheduled by their own travel agency representatives.
27 hole executive golf course.
Great neighbors. Quiet and friendly. Mountain views you’re out of the city but close enough to freeway access, hospitals, and shopping.
Located on Signal butte and Baseline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area