U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2010, 03:38 PM
PGg PGg started this thread

1 posts, read 4,722 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have been looking at a house to purchase that's located at Elliot / Cooper in Gilbert, AZ 85233. You can see the water from the house and the high priced homes around the water. It's very pretty.

I don't know much about Gilbert and this area (I've lived in Chandler, Tempe, North Scottsdale).

I really want something clean and safe for the long term. My price range is $125k and under.

Thank you within advance for any advice you can provide about this area!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 12:39 AM

3,852 posts, read 8,730,461 times
It's a nice area, that's all I can say about it. I have an old roommate who lives in that area (exactly off of Elliot & Cooper), and I biked around her neighborhood the other day. Very quiet and calm.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:42 AM

5,148 posts, read 4,761,292 times
It's called the Islands. It's very nice, I live right next to it.

Doubt you can buy a house for under 125 though, you can try.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:58 AM

4,033 posts, read 7,876,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGg View Post
Hello,

I have been looking at a house to purchase that's located at Elliot / Cooper in Gilbert, AZ 85233. You can see the water from the house and the high priced homes around the water. It's very pretty.

I don't know much about Gilbert and this area (I've lived in Chandler, Tempe, North Scottsdale).

I really want something clean and safe for the long term. My price range is $125k and under.

Thank you within advance for any advice you can provide about this area!
You could be talking about The Islands to the south, which has a lot of homes on the water, or maybe that neighborhood to the North of Elliott Road and West of Cooper that has large homes backing the tournament water ski/jet ski lake? I assume by your description that you mean the one with the water ski lake. I don't think it'll be easy to find something under $125 within a mile radius of there. I think the bottom amount in that area is approximately $150-$160K for the smallest homes in that area, but you may get lucky. I think the neighborhood directly West is called Northshore, and there's plenty of starter homes in there. The neighborhood just to the East of Cooper, I forget the name, but I know they were built by KB as starter homes several years ago. The Islands is higher end and wouldn't have much, aside from their zero lot line product south of Warner.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 AM

1,122 posts, read 2,743,661 times
The least expensive home on the market now in Crystal Point is $999,999, and the highest priced home is $1,350,000.

The least expensive home in The Islands now, is $130,000.

It is a very nice area. Quiet, yet, just to the north a mile or so, you'll find lots of shopping, restaurants and movies. And, just to the east is the heart of Gilbert, which includes an art gallery, furniture store, Hale Theater and several nice restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area