U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 04:29 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,237,081 times
Default Unusual Undercover Cops

Today I saw a black Jeep Wrangler pull someone over, it was a undercover cop, he had stealth sirens in the windshield and on the rear bumper.

Have you guys seen any unusual undercover cops lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 05:29 PM

1,711 posts, read 2,252,128 times
Never seen one in Phoenix. Maryland has lots of them on I-95. In Phoenix I go with the flow of the traffic unless it's over 10mph above the speed limit - then I get into the slow lanes if the fast lanes are too fast. In Maryland I would go no more than 5MPH above the posted limit. The cops are very particular over there. One hotshot speeder zipped past me one morning traveling north of Baltimore on I-95. An undercover cop caught up with him. I was laughing. Would have pumped my fist out the window but it was raining (usual for east coast).

Old 02-14-2010, 09:18 PM

3,359 posts, read 4,729,318 times
not in Phx, but a few days ago on I-10 coming into the northwest side of Tucson, a BMW was hopping across the lanes going at least 25 mph over the limit...he/she almost clipped my bumper....extremely dangerous in the existing somewhat-heavy traffic and very unusual for laid-back Tucson (!)....

fortunately, an unmarked cop driving a Cherokee-like vehicle was right on his tail and quickly pulled the car over....

Old 02-14-2010, 09:42 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,628,340 times
I wish those cops would go after the folks who squat in the left lane and cause others to pass them on the right and/or weave. They are the true dangers.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:22 PM

107 posts, read 194,620 times
In Spokane, WA I have seen people pulled over by the Washington State Patrol in a Volvo station wagon, Ford Excursion, Ford Taurus and a Corvette. I was told once that these were impounded drug cars. Whatever the case, it works. You never know who is behind you on the Interstate.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:43 AM

7,842 posts, read 15,400,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natman View Post
In Spokane, WA I have seen people pulled over by the Washington State Patrol in a Volvo station wagon, Ford Excursion, Ford Taurus and a Corvette. I was told once that these were impounded drug cars. Whatever the case, it works. You never know who is behind you on the Interstate.
Makes sense to me, Natman.
Rather than buy new vehicles, save the taxpayers mega-bucks by using vehicles seized during the commission of a crime.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:30 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,237,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I wish those cops would go after the folks who squat in the left lane and cause others to pass them on the right and/or weave. They are the true dangers.
I agree, trying to go around these people who think they own the road just creates more driving hazzards than if they were to just move out of the fast lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Makes sense to me, Natman.
Rather than buy new vehicles, save the taxpayers mega-bucks by using vehicles seized during the commission of a crime.
I believe Sheriff Joe has done this, I read somewhere he had a fleet of newer SUV's that he uses for trapsortation, among other activities.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:15 PM

4,934 posts, read 5,825,977 times
It doesn't surprise me. This is a commonly used tactic in many states. It works great for identifying unworthy drivers of all kinds, particularly reckless ones. Most people drive perfectly when marked police vehicles are present.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:21 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,277,327 times
my unreasonable pet peeve:

Sirens: audible
Lights: visual

if the officer had a siren in the vehicle with him he will be unhappy with all the noise.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:39 PM

21,242 posts, read 11,761,624 times
I'm confused. These are unmarked cars that are pulling people over? No "paint job" or insignia on the doors. Are there lights on top? Do the cops driving them wear uniforms?

I ask because if an unmarked car pulls you over in the L.A. area the safety experts tell you to pull into a well-lit place, like a gas station, where there are lots of people. Too many imposters pulling people over with dire consequences.

I'm honestly curious about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area