U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-19-2010, 03:07 PM

3 posts, read 5,243 times
Default Utility costs in Queen Creek

Can anyone give me an estimation of what the Utilities might cost me in Queen Creek? The house would be a single story including a pool. I'm trying to figure out what the costs might be if it's unoccupied in the summer months and occupied in the Winter months. As much info as possible would be much appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 06:13 PM

61 posts, read 104,452 times
If you have a particular property in mind you can call the electric company and ask for the high and low bill amount in the past year. They will give you this info over the phone.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:41 PM

876 posts, read 501,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingsnowbird View Post
Can anyone give me an estimation of what the Utilities might cost me in Queen Creek? The house would be a single story including a pool. I'm trying to figure out what the costs might be if it's unoccupied in the summer months and occupied in the Winter months. As much info as possible would be much appreciated.

That all depends on the property, on the insulation, how energy efficient the home is, I've seen wild ranges from all across the board but I'd say that around $130-170 a month average would be typical outside of the summer months.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:38 AM

6 posts, read 5,212 times
Is there a significant difference between living in either county which divide Queen Creek? Pinal/Maricopa

Old 11-26-2010, 02:11 PM

876 posts, read 501,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4heat View Post
Is there a significant difference between living in either county which divide Queen Creek? Pinal/Maricopa

Not at all, you're still going to be using SRP as your utility provider.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:42 PM

418 posts, read 598,784 times
I had a 2400 sq ft one story home in Q.C. 3 yrs ago. My elect was $300 in summer, but I had every elect saver thing you could do plus I was very frugal on the thermostat settings. Had ceiling fans in every room. In winter I could get it down under $100 per month, again being frugal. I like to sleep in cold and wear sweats during the day if it is cold.

Water was inexpensive, less than $25 per month. But I lived alone and rarely used any compared to a family.

The is no gas bill to deal with.

The darn satellite TV bill from Direct TV is what hurt me the most. They are so overpriced considering how many customers they have. They could charge half of what they do and still make a fortune. I wish government could regulate those thieves. I am surprised they haven't thought of charging you a $1 every time you change the channel. They do for every other thing they can itemize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area