Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 02:19 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,662,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa2phoenix View Post
Finally Getting the **** out of this place. Lived all over the country and never been in such an ass backwards place in my entire life. The topic of why this is the worst and fakest place in the country has kinda been beaten to death here in the past so I'll leave with a qoute.

Hunter S. Thompson

"If there is in fact, a heaven and a hell, all we know for sure is that hell will be a visciously overcrowded version of Phoenix a clean well lighted place full of sunshine and bromides and fast cars where almost everybody seems vaguely happy, except those who know in their hearts what is missing... And being driven slowly and quietly into the kind of terminal craziness that comes with finally understanding that the one thing you want is not there."

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:27 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,319,658 times
Mod cut: Deleted quote.

Prove what you say. Give us links which verify your claim. Give us numbers so we can compare.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 02-22-2010 at 03:31 PM..

Old 02-22-2010, 02:28 PM

11 posts, read 22,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Then just GO. There was still no reason to create a thread to announce your departure.

Unless you routinely read every other City forum on C-D, (and you can't tell me you do) you really have NO idea whether Phoenix gets bashed more than any other city. You weren't happy here, others feel the same way, others love it here and hated it somewhere else. That's true of every city. It's hardly news.
Actually, if your use google's search tools like their keywords tool, insights, trends etc.... You can find that this city has more searches regarding it's people, culture landscape and everything else in a negative way than ANY other city. Just sayin.....

Old 02-22-2010, 02:34 PM

31 posts, read 68,691 times
Default Another Pa to phoenix

Well as someone who spent 20 months in the valley only to come home 2 days before Xmas to Philly I can say the last 7 weeks have been hellish in a cold kinda way. I'm selling my piece of crap house here in Pa for 300k, buying a house on the outskirts with a pool for 75k, and plan on living happily after ever.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:36 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,319,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blur01 View Post
Well as someone who spent 20 months in the valley only to come home 2 days before Xmas to Philly I can say the last 7 weeks have been hellish in a cold kinda way. I'm selling my piece of crap house here in Pa for 300k, buying a house on the outskirts with a pool for 75k, and plan on living happily after ever.
Haha!

Old 02-22-2010, 02:42 PM

11 posts, read 22,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blur01 View Post
Awesome job, it's cold in philly in the winter. Put on a coat. Have fun when you cant go outside 4 months of the year here because of the heat.

I wonder why you can buy a house with a pool here for 75k????

Probably becuase this place is awesome to live. Or that same person just bought that has 4 years ago for 250k and foreclosed on it.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:44 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,855,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Then just GO. There was still no reason to create a thread to announce your departure.

Unless you routinely read every other City forum on C-D, (and you can't tell me you do) you really have NO idea whether Phoenix gets bashed more than any other city. You weren't happy here, others feel the same way, others love it here and hated it somewhere else. That's true of every city. It's hardly news.
This reminds me of people who "flounce" out of a forum. They ALWAYS have to let you know they are leaving because "you people are soooo meeeeen". In this case it's flouncing from a city and I don't know why people can't just quietly fold their tent and steal away.

I've lived in so many different places but never hated any of them. Seems to me we make it what it is, wherever we go. But there are people who'll never be happy no matter where they are.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:52 PM

211 posts, read 638,935 times
I think the one factor that's kept me from being more active on these forums over the years is the number of grass-is-greener people who fail to recognize that the grass isn't as green where they live because they suck at watering it themselves.

It seems to me that more than half the people on this forum are here because they think they're going to be able to run away from their problems and start over somewhere else. Naturally, after they make their meekly curious posts about "What are some good neighborhoods around X?" They make a casual stop in the local forum to vent and share their "expert" opinion.

You're either part of the solution, part of the problem, or part of the landscape. If Phoenix isn't what you expected, then maybe you should have done more to make it better.

Everywhere you go, there you are.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:54 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,662,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
This reminds me of people who "flounce" out of a forum. They ALWAYS have to let you know they are leaving because "you people are soooo meeeeen". In this case it's flouncing from a city and I don't know why people can't just quietly fold their tent and steal away.

I've lived in so many different places but never hated any of them. Seems to me we make it what it is, wherever we go. But there are people who'll never be happy no matter where they are.
Exactly. I live in PA, liked it. Lived in TN, liked it. Been living for awhile in Arizona and am perfectly happy here. Good weather, not prohibitively over-taxed, great sights, nice nightlife, I really can't complain.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:54 PM

845 posts, read 2,319,663 times
I live off of less than a Philly friend spends on just oil heat and property taxes. He has a Jamaican Posse living across the street from him. I think there are some homes still available in Philly from 6 housing booms ago.....................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area