Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 12:40 PM

88 posts, read 221,576 times

Advertisements

South Phoenix. Laveen area.

Good place to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 01:19 PM
rlt rlt started this thread

86 posts, read 152,750 times
Okay, thanks everyone.

Yes, I wan't to go into the Spanish field. So, to learn it fast and efficiant, everybody says move to a Spanish-Speaking area. Which is what I plan on doing

Are these areas where I have to worry about leaving my door unlocked accidentaly?

Old 03-10-2010, 02:30 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,593 times
I wouldn't tell someone to move to the Buckeye road area...especially between 35th and 19th avenue-it's a very bad area. Somewhere in central Phoenix would be good for you. Theres good and bad neighborhoods throughout Phoenix the weird thing is u can be ni a very nice neighborhood and suddenly the next block will be all ghetto.
I would just try to avoid the South side and out west. Theres always a shooting, kidnapping, gang activity on the news everyday. And the west side actually has some nice places its too bad people have to ruin it.
Buena Suerte!

Old 03-10-2010, 05:17 PM

Okay, thank you very much!

Old 03-10-2010, 05:52 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
I wouldn't tell someone to move to the Buckeye road area...especially between 35th and 19th avenue-it's a very bad area. Somewhere in central Phoenix would be good for you. Theres good and bad neighborhoods throughout Phoenix the weird thing is u can be ni a very nice neighborhood and suddenly the next block will be all ghetto.
I would just try to avoid the South side and out west. Theres always a shooting, kidnapping, gang activity on the news everyday. And the west side actually has some nice places its too bad people have to ruin it.
Buena Suerte!
Have you experienced it or are you going by news reports? I worked in that general area for years. There's more crime I suppose, but I never saw any. Most of the troubles are related to drugs and human trafficking. I think OP would be safe enough if he minded his own business. He wants to live among Mexicans. That's where they are.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:07 PM

No, i have never experienced it. I'm from Monroe, MI, and lived in MI my whole life.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:18 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlt View Post
No, i have never experienced it. I'm from Monroe, MI, and lived in MI my whole life.
I didn't mean you. I meant the poster that said it was so dangerous. But, I do think you are a little naive. This is a big city and the places you are going to find overwhelming Spanish speakers are the bad to very bad parts of a big city. I don't think that means you're gonna be murdered, but it is probably not what you are expecting. There's not some nice part of town where everyone speaks Spanish. You're talking about the barrio with all its flavor.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:28 PM

Well how bout living by the Spanish areas?

Old 03-10-2010, 06:37 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlt View Post
Well how bout living by the Spanish areas?
Did you think of maybe not worrying about that until you get a feel for the city? Maybe find a short-term place to rent in a known okay area, find a group with mutual needs, etc., then venture out into other areas. I would assume there are a lot of Spanish-speaking people all over Phoenix, not all in just one area...just a thought...

Old 03-10-2010, 06:51 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,986 times
The "Greenway Square" area would be mostly spanish speaking, but with these types of neighborhoods comes the crime, not trying to be discriminatory, but the crime rates are just generally higher in these types of areas.

You might also want to try Guadalupe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area