Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:25 PM

681 posts, read 1,560,724 times

Advertisements

I'm in the process of researching places to buy furniture and mattresses when we come to furnish our house next week.

I found a thread from 2009 that suggested that the furniture at Pruitt's is of reasonable quality? Does this still hold true? Does anyone have any experience with either of their stores?

I've had a look at their website and the prices are very reasonable and I like the look of SOME of their furniture. I've also looked at Mor and the Roomstore - wasn't impressed with the Roomstore at all, but saw some potential at Mor.

I would prefer Ethan Allen - but that isn't in our budget for a second home...

As for mattresses (I need to buy 3 or 4) - it's a bit more challenging to decipher who offers the best value. I'm thinking of looking at Bedmart and Mattress Depot... Any recent experience (good or bad) at either of those stores?

Thanks again for any insight and I promise I'll do my best to inject some life into the Arizona economy next week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 07:03 PM

6 posts, read 15,843 times
Bought bedroom set from Pruitt's and am very satisfied. Quality seems great - definitely a step above room store/ashley's/etc; price was very reasonable for what i got. Delivery and set up went flawlessly - they were on time and set up was done within 20 minutes. Would definitely recommend.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:11 PM

Thanks dryanaz80!

It's always hard to tell looking at pictures online so I appreciate your feedback.

Their prices are definitely good - when I google the same furniture I'm interested in it's more expensive everywhere else it shows up (albeit I am comparing apples to oranges as the comparables have all been in different states.)

Old 07-22-2011, 07:19 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
I think Costco or Sams Club is the best place for mattresses. Not a lot of selection, but rock bottom prices.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:52 PM

Thanks Ponderosa.

Do you know if the prices at the warehouse are different than the prices at costco.com? I'm assuming that the selection is better online, but wondering if the prices are a bit higher?

Old 07-22-2011, 09:28 PM

240 posts, read 838,247 times
What about getting overstock or closeouts at R&S Mattress Warehouse Liquidators - Why Pay More For the Same Mattress? Their stores are nothing fancy, but their prices seem good. IMO worth a look-see.

Not affiliated, no relationship with the stores.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:29 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfyycCold View Post
Thanks Ponderosa.

Do you know if the prices at the warehouse are different than the prices at costco.com? I'm assuming that the selection is better online, but wondering if the prices are a bit higher?
Don't have the answer to that one.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:00 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Just Bought a mattress at R&S Mattress, they were half the price of Costco, Plain looking stores, but best deal I could find in the Valley. Sales people seemed laid back...I hate pushy sales people.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:11 PM

I had R&S Mattress on my list - but took them off after I found a pile of VERY phony looking positive reviews on-line.... it's almost like they paid people off-shore to write them

Given the two positive experiential votes on here - I will check them out... especially if they didn't have pushy salespeople... nothing I hate more than that (and I'm a salesperson myself!)

Old 07-23-2011, 01:42 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfyycCold View Post
I had R&S Mattress on my list - but took them off after I found a pile of VERY phony looking positive reviews on-line.... it's almost like they paid people off-shore to write them

Given the two positive experiential votes on here - I will check them out... especially if they didn't have pushy salespeople... nothing I hate more than that (and I'm a salesperson myself!)
I've bought from R&S twice. No frills and rock bottom prices. No worries about pushy salespersons; it's a very bare bones operation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area