U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:00 AM

7,862 posts, read 15,515,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I think you're being a bit brash, it could be an HOA regulated street. If the homeowner pays HOA dues to maintain the street, they can legally have a vehicle towed if it is parked in front of their house. a Licenced towing company will NOT tow a vehicle if it is on a public street without police authorization.

There was a vehicle parked in front of my house for two days, I asked a few neighbors if it was theres but they each denied it so I had a towing company impound the vehicle. It was my right as an HOA member to have the vehicle towed as it was sitting in front of my house.
Good point, Speedy.

More than likely, one abandoned vehicle will only lead to more abandoned vehicles if not addressed immediately.

With our lovely economy in the toilet . . . we all need to do everything possible to maintain what is left of the value of our homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 05:31 AM

3 posts, read 31,645 times
If it's a gated community then it's private and the cost of the HOA can be allot more including streets and street lights per year and then the hOA has full control , I had my car towed after parking for 20 minutes in front of my house. I believe it was bad timing because we have a random tow-truck but my window where down and I was on my way to pick up my kids from daycare just needed to take a quick stop, came outside and the car was gone, 120 dollars towing fee. I did some major complaining and haven't seen a tow truck since, been a month now.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:29 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,155,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpon22 View Post
If it's a gated community then it's private and the cost of the HOA can be allot more including streets and street lights per year and then the hOA has full control , I had my car towed after parking for 20 minutes in front of my house. I believe it was bad timing because we have a random tow-truck but my window where down and I was on my way to pick up my kids from daycare just needed to take a quick stop, came outside and the car was gone, 120 dollars towing fee. I did some major complaining and haven't seen a tow truck since, been a month now.
in front of your own house, and they towed it??? Holy Toledo! I would take the HOA to small claims court for that one. Unbelievable.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:10 AM

7,862 posts, read 15,515,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
in front of your own house, and they towed it??? Holy Toledo! I would take the HOA to small claims court for that one. Unbelievable.
Before wasting more time and money, Blister . . . you need to check the CC&Rs.

If the streets are clearly designated NO PARKING, it means just that and not NO PARKING for more than 20 minutes, etc.

In most cases, the CC&Rs clearly state any additional expenses including legal fees will be assessed to the homeowner. Filing and losing a Legal Action could very well backfire and cost even more than the towing fees. Why should all homeowners bear the expense of a frivolous lawsuit by one homeowner who chose to ignore the rules of the complex?

What would it be like if all homeowner snubbed their noses at the CC&R rules they didn't care for?

Old 09-03-2010, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 27,766 times
My mother rents a Duplex and her neighbors have monopolized the "public parking" to a science, they have a drive way and a spot to park in front of their residents and so does my mother. However, they own like four cars and invite all of their friends and family to park in front of my mothers house and all the other parking areas along the road. They know I bring my kids to my moms house everyday since she watches them my mother even has placed garbage cans in front of the house, but they move them and just have no sense of good neighborly conduct. My mother has even asked nicely and then again when she was upset, no matter what way she asks them they either just ignore her, not open their door, or yell and slam the door on her. Well today same as usual I make my way to my mothers after work and more of the same accursed however, this time the police were called out and they lied through their teeth. They police has had to come out before re: them and their non sense that didn't work just like today it didn't work. They have driven neighbors next to them out for the same reason. Even the Fire dept has warned them because they were not able to get through the street on one occasion. Public parking law needs to be more modified in my opinion, where are the family and residents suppose to park down the block? I can't stand people who have no sense of kindness because if the shoe was on the other foot, well I would never do what they do lets just set the record straight!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:32 AM

40 posts, read 141,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
A friend of mine told me (I saw it happen actually since I was visiting) the cranky older guy across the street came to her door and demanded to know who owned the Jeep SUV that was parked overnight in front of his house.

It's a public street but HOA regs prohibit parking on the street apparently, so the car was tagged overnight. We figure it was a guest of some neighbor who didn't know the rules.

Regardless of the overnight thing, this guy was at her door at 8am threatening to have the car towed simply because it was in front of his house, like there's anything she could have done about it.

I wonder how someone can get a car towed away, and by whom, when it's just sitting on a neighborhood street legally parked during the day. I mean, if it's there for 3 weeks then it's probably an abandoned vehicle but just one night???

This guy apparently is a retiree with too much time on his hands. He's always screaming about HOA this, HOA that. The HOA would rather leave people alone but he complains and forces them to fine people for the littlest things.

Glad he's not my neighbor, that's all I can say. I live in a mind-your-own-business neighborhood, yet people will help you if you have a problem.
This cranky old guy sounds like a lot of the jerks in my neighborhood! LOL! Well, unfortunately some HOAs do have rules about not parking on the street, as crazy as that sounds. Some of the fuddy duddies in my neighborhood are trying to implement that rule into the HOA that I currently live in. Pretty ridiculous. One neighbor that heard about the possibilty of this new law said, "What?! I have seven cars, I can't park them all in my garage and driveway!" Oh brother... lol. Anyway, even though your friend wasnt the "culprit" in this situation, maybe he/she should read their CC&R's for the heck of it, just to see what the rules say.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:34 AM

40 posts, read 141,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post

Your friend should tell his guests to park in front of someone else's house since it bothers this neighbor.
Love it! LOL!

Old 05-06-2011, 11:02 PM

1 posts, read 26,507 times
There was a big truck parked in front of my house for 3 days illegally (facing the wrong way). so I called the police to check on it to see what was going on and why it was there. but not Intel I asked a couple of Nabors if it was there’s and everyone said no and I even called the number on the side of the truck half a dozens times. The cop even tried to get a hold of them and nothing. So he towed it. now the owner came forward 2 day later and wants to sue me for towing costs. Can thay do that? And how did they know it was me can the police give the name of who called to get it towed?

Old 05-06-2011, 11:44 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,159,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug1425 View Post
...The cop even tried to get a hold of them and nothing. So he towed it. now the owner came forward 2 day later and wants to sue me for towing costs. Can thay do that? And how did they know it was me can the police give the name of who called to get it towed?
I doubt they would get very far with a lawsuit since it was the police who had it towed. He can try suing the police dept . Don't let him bully you into paying.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:04 AM

3,279 posts, read 3,193,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug1425 View Post
There was a big truck parked in front of my house for 3 days illegally (facing the wrong way). so I called the police to check on it to see what was going on and why it was there. but not Intel I asked a couple of Nabors if it was there’s and everyone said no and I even called the number on the side of the truck half a dozens times. The cop even tried to get a hold of them and nothing. So he towed it. now the owner came forward 2 day later and wants to sue me for towing costs. Can thay do that? And how did they know it was me can the police give the name of who called to get it towed?
Ignore him. Just because he says he'll sue you, doesn't mean he will. If he did go to the trouble to attempt to file a claim in small claims court, he'd be wasting the court's time. Move on. It's all hot air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area