Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 06:10 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,981,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park.er View Post
It bugs the hell out of me when my neighbors or their guests park in front of my home. I park in my garage. It's not my problem that a multitude of people live in the house next door and have exhausted all their parking options.

I DO NOT want to look out my front windows and see vehicles parked in front of my home, especially not my own. The neighbors house is on a corner lot, hence they can park on the side where they are still parked in front or on the side of their own property and no one else's. They argue they can't see their vehicles when parked on the side. NOT MY PROBLEM!!!

I placed a construction cone at our property line to thwart them from parking in front of my property. Additionally, some their vehicles leak oil. I DO NOT want oil slicks in front of my home. It's "ghetto" and ruins curb appeal. Anyone who doesn't understand this is clearly an apartment dweller. It is common courtesy. GEEZ!!!
Do you frequently find yourself using the phrase "get off my lawn" and throwing away errant balls that land in your yard?

Anyway....

If it's legal to park on the street where you live, you're S.O.L. You don't own the street.
I get that it's annoying, but let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 06:34 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,215,968 times
My idiot neighbor has his three car garage full of junk and parks his four cars outside. Two in the driveway, on on the street in front of his house and his beat up 1990's work truck on the street in front of my house.

All three of my nice cars are in the garage. I have considered leaving one of my nice cars on the street in front of my house just so I don't have to look at his piece of junk out my living room window.

He's the only renter near my house and it shows.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:45 PM

4,537 posts, read 12,396,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
All three of my nice cars are in the garage. I have considered leaving one of my nice cars on the street in front of my house just so I don't have to look at his piece of junk out my living room window.
That's what I did when I got sick of other people parking in front of my house. Since it's perfectly legal for someone to park on the street in front of my house, I figured if I have to see a car outside my front window, it might as well be my own.

It worked great for a number of years until my car was stolen... because it wasn't parked safely inside the garage.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:21 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,921,088 times
When I moved into a neighborhood in Phoenix, the guy across the street always parked his van on the street, directly across from my driveway. It wasn't that big a deal, but the 5 feet he used did make it slightly harder to come into my driveway and out again. We never complained, though. Always waved hello when I saw him and he waved back. I'd rather have a friendly neighbor.

My next door neighbor parked a guest's car in front of our house for several days. It was annoying, but they apologized of their own accord when they saw me, and that was good enough for me.

I think it's just good neighborly etiquette not to park your car in front of someone else's house. It's perfectly legal in most cases, but it might annoy them, so why do it?

Old 05-24-2015, 08:49 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
My idiot neighbor has his three car garage full of junk and parks his four cars outside. Two in the driveway, on on the street in front of his house and his beat up 1990's work truck on the street in front of my house.

He's the only renter near my house and it shows.
Renter by us. Same thing.

Old 05-24-2015, 02:39 PM

8 posts, read 26,503 times
Default abandoned vehicle

After reading this thread, I understand what most of you mean. I have a couple of neighbors that always have company and sometimes they park in front of my house. But usually they leave within a few hours, so that doesn't bother me.

But what bothers me is, I have a neighbor that lives few houses down from me and they have an abounded vehicle that been sitting there for at least two years now. I know the car belongs to that house, because I see the kids crawling all over it and treat it like a playground. The car tags has been expired since 2011 and there are weeds and cobwebs growing underneath the vehicle with leaking oil and somewhat of a flat tire.

Most of my neighbors want our neighborhood to be cleaner, which I agree and it's starting to look better and few of my neighbors are fed up of seeing this car in the street. There have been notes posted onto the windshield and the parents have been talked to before, about moving the car into the garage or driveway and they don't bother to do anything about it. Lately now, I hardly see the parents home anymore and the kids/teenagers run the house and I don't want to be the bad guy and talk to them again.

I have looked into my local HOA rules and you're not supposed to have a car park overnight and sitting there for at least a few days. But most of the neighbors do it anyway, at least there vehicles move around. I have contacted my local police and HOA about the abounded vehicle and seems like they don't do anything about it and nothing has happened. All the HOA wants you to do is keep your property clean and add trees and plants to your front yard or you will be fined or have a lean added towards your house. But my neighbors that lives few houses down from me, have an overgrown tree and weeds growing in the front yard.

I just wish I knew somebody with a tow truck or do something about that abounded vehicle, but my local police and HOA doesn't give a crap and won't do anything about it.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:58 PM

498 posts, read 543,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB13Wolf View Post
After reading this thread, I understand what most of you mean. I have a couple of neighbors that always have company and sometimes they park in front of my house. But usually they leave within a few hours, so that doesn't bother me.

But what bothers me is, I have a neighbor that lives few houses down from me and they have an abounded vehicle that been sitting there for at least two years now. I know the car belongs to that house, because I see the kids crawling all over it and treat it like a playground. The car tags has been expired since 2011 and there are weeds and cobwebs growing underneath the vehicle with leaking oil and somewhat of a flat tire.

Most of my neighbors want our neighborhood to be cleaner, which I agree and it's starting to look better and few of my neighbors are fed up of seeing this car in the street. There have been notes posted onto the windshield and the parents have been talked to before, about moving the car into the garage or driveway and they don't bother to do anything about it. Lately now, I hardly see the parents home anymore and the kids/teenagers run the house and I don't want to be the bad guy and talk to them again.

I have looked into my local HOA rules and you're not supposed to have a car park overnight and sitting there for at least a few days. But most of the neighbors do it anyway, at least there vehicles move around. I have contacted my local police and HOA about the abounded vehicle and seems like they don't do anything about it and nothing has happened. All the HOA wants you to do is keep your property clean and add trees and plants to your front yard or you will be fined or have a lean added towards your house. But my neighbors that lives few houses down from me, have an overgrown tree and weeds growing in the front yard.

I just wish I knew somebody with a tow truck or do something about that abounded vehicle, but my local police and HOA doesn't give a crap and won't do anything about it.
What HOA do you belong to? Parking overnight is one thing but a car with expired tags is another.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Sconce View Post
What HOA do you belong to? Parking overnight is one thing but a car with expired tags is another.
I hope it ok, I rather not disclose what HOA subdivision I belong to. But for the vehicle with expired tags, by right should really be on the streets.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
I hope it ok, I rather not disclose what HOA subdivision I belong to. But for the vehicle with expired tags, by right shouldn't really be on the streets.
Correcting a typo, I found in my post above.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:38 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,675,326 times
Quote:
Correcting a typo, I found in my post above.
you didn't say what city (or county) you're in, but it really doesn't matter, because they all have ordinances regarding inoperable cars & expired plates = inoperable. Cities & counties don't get the choice to "not care about" ordinances being violated, they can, in fact, be sued for not enforcing ordinances that are on the books. If it were me, I'd be climbing the ladder at your city/county offices in person, until the matter was handled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area