U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:14 PM

17,587 posts, read 20,907,992 times

Advertisements

No guarantees, of course, but as one of the early "settlers" at Tartesso, your kids will probably go to that school for all their school years. Anyway, getting transferred to a brand new school is not so bad. Change is often good. If you don't like change then Phx may not be for you because everything here is growing and changing day to day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 02:16 PM

28 posts, read 253,326 times
I'll think my kids will be fine....anyway, I think it's more how you bring them up...if outside of shcool, all they do is play video games and eat twinkies, then I think that's my fault for not trying to educate them outside of school.....A little extra learnin' never hurt no one...

Old 06-08-2007, 02:45 PM
ejk

126 posts, read 390,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviasDad View Post
We have some strange re-districting here in the MidWest as well...

Can I assume at least one thing:

If I live in Tartesso, will my children will go to Tartesso elementary???

Or does it get more bizzare than that with redistricting???
It does get bizarre. In addition to Freedom Elementary we have Sundance Elementary which was overcrowded almost as soon as it opened-- as a result, some of the Sundance kids will be bussed to a new school (not in Sundance) which will be finished in August. In the mean time they will start building a 3rd school in Sundance, and the above mentioned kids will eventually go to that one.

Ponderosa is right. It's so hard to predict how many kids will move in per lot. Here, I think they counted on there being more of the smaller 3 bedroom homes, and people built the bigger models instead. Some people are incensed but I figure what can ya do, you know? How does anyone prepare for this sort of thing? This was a tiny community until very recently and we all just pretty much barged in expecting immediate suburbia. Eventually it will all work itself out.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:36 PM

132 posts, read 403,495 times
I agree with the Upgrades. We built our KB Home & put upgrades galore. We just added granite tops in our bathrooms and a kitcken Island. Added a kitchen Island, updated the flooring to wood - my husband bought the materials & found reliable, cheap contractors. Builders make too much money for upgrades. We will live in this house for another 3-4 years but our next house if we build will have NO Upgrades cause we know we can do better and cheaper.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:01 AM

4 posts, read 6,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejk View Post
It does get bizarre. In addition to Freedom Elementary we have Sundance Elementary which was overcrowded almost as soon as it opened-- as a result, some of the Sundance kids will be bussed to a new school (not in Sundance) which will be finished in August. In the mean time they will start building a 3rd school in Sundance, and the above mentioned kids will eventually go to that one.

Ponderosa is right. It's so hard to predict how many kids will move in per lot. Here, I think they counted on there being more of the smaller 3 bedroom homes, and people built the bigger models instead. Some people are incensed but I figure what can ya do, you know? How does anyone prepare for this sort of thing? This was a tiny community until very recently and we all just pretty much barged in expecting immediate suburbia. Eventually it will all work itself out.
Tartesso Elementary will not open this year as there are not enough children yet but if you move to Tartesso they will finish out there grade school years right in Tartesso once it opens probably next year sometime.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
We have some strange re-districting here in the MidWest as well...

Can I assume at least one thing:

If I live in Tartesso, will my children will go to Tartesso elementary???

Or does it get more bizzare than that with redistricting???
Tartesso Elementary will not open this year as there are not enough children yet but if you move to Tartesso they will finish out their grade school years right in Tartesso once it opens probably next year sometime.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:06 AM

Quote:
HELP!!!

Now my wife and I can't agree on whether to build or buy an existing house in Buckeye. If builders are having to cut their inventory of houses they are actual building this year, how can hey still charge $250-$300k in Tartesso, when all other houses barley used or never lived in at all in Buckeye are going for $200K-$250K at most???

Is it the obvious, builders push all the upgrades, which pushes the price up for new construction still in this market? I've found literally hundreds of houses for sale in Buckeye, brand new, but they look very plain both inside and out. Did everyone leave Buckeye all of a sudden? Did builders just overdue it during the construction boom?

Is Tartesso the only place people want to live in Buckeye? Most all of the existing inventory of new/semi-new houses in Buckeye are outside of Tartesso...does that mean Tartesso or nothing? Am I being too snooty?

I'll stop rambling here...someone help me out here so my wife and I can just stop arguing....I will say that she does like the upgrades though...alsobetter for resale value down the line...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife and I just moved into Tartesso and love it. I say it is good to get input from people but what we have found is that what it boils down to is that you have to do what makes you feel good. So as an example you have to ask yourself what do you really prefer? Existing or Building, Plain with little or no upgrades or many upgrades and be done with it. These are just 2 areas you need to ask yourselves along with any other things you may be considering because when all is said and done you are the ones that have to live with it. When my wife and I started looking we looked at all the areas in Buckeye for what they offered and how each one appealed to us and we found them all very nice but in the end it was Tartesso that moved our hearts the most and you two will have to decide which area moves your hearts the most. If money is a real major factor then it will dictate to a degree where you live. If it is not a real major factor then go for what really appeals to all your desires. That is why we moved to Tartesso. You however may like a nother area best and that is where you go. We also had all the upgrades put in right from the start because it took many. many years doing a little at a time with our previous home and this time we wanted to be able to just simply enjoy it. So again this is something else you have to consider. Now some will say it is not good to put upgrades in your mortgage but again that will really be up to you and your wife and what makes you the happiest and what you can afford. Now as for me and my wife we will have our home paid for in the next 8 to 11 years and not 30 years. I am in the mortgage business and will be taking advantage of a program designed to help you pay off your mortgage in an 8 to 11 year time frame. It is a program most will not tell you about because it is not a lot of money in it for them but it is an excellent program. Again this is something you have to consider as to what is available for you to help you and when you and your wife weigh everything you will make the right decission.

Hopes this help you.

V.I.P

Old 09-22-2007, 05:41 PM

14 posts, read 24,824 times
Default buckeye a virtually new major suburb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Sundance is a master planned community. Several developers/builders. They have a golf course and there is a good deal of retail already there. It's on Watson Rd just south of I-10.
Buckeye is just NOW BECOMING a major suburb and eventually a major city that will rival Phx. in both area and population. As the main portion of the west valley runs out of land, buckeye will become a "field day" for more development.
But right now buckeye is growing in "BITS AND PIECES" as new subdivisions pop up ironically far apart from each other.

For instance: Look at On a map, and you have the new "FESTIVAL" subdivison to the north along "north" sunvalley parkway, and to the extreme south you have sundance. A distance of 25 miles.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:27 PM

4 posts, read 6,003 times
Verrado is the nicest, and there are deals there now, given the market. Tartesso is nice too, but farther out. I'd shoot for Verrado if you can afford it. You can find out about the town at inbuckeye.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area