Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:26 AM

9,600 posts, read 31,688,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
We called them and set it up today. Our yearly rate is less than our 6 month rate was with Allstate!!!!!! Our homeowners is also cheaper, by $200! Allstate did us a favor by raising our rates yet again. It was just what we needed to get our tushys in gear and check around. We are going to wait until the end of the month to notify Allstate that we jumped ship. I thought we should give them a chance to compete for our business but hubby didn't want to do that. I guess he felt they mislead us with their original quote because they raised our rate so much with the first renewal. The old bait and switch or should I say deceptive advertising. Anyway, it's done and we are happy. Thanks again for the input!!!!
AA
WOW, Annie . . . that's HALF PRICE!

I was fairly certain you would save some money but I had no idea it would be that much. Nice Christmas present.

and, by the way, they are very easy to deal with on the phone.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 10:55 AM

7 posts, read 13,606 times
Talking oh dear bummer

yeah i'll take that bet bummer, it is an english accent and an english actor, see link below

GEICO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

notice the following

the gecko speaks with an Cockney accent, because it would be unexpected, according to Martin Agency's Steve Bassett. Jake Wood, a British actor and comedian, is the current voice of the GEICO gecko

cheers

Old 07-31-2008, 08:22 PM

5 posts, read 23,964 times
Default Geico

A friend of mine works for Geico and they are doing a friends and family promotion right now. I just got a quote from them and it's actually alot cheaper than what I am paying at Allstate. I am pretty sure I am going to switch I just need to make sure all the benefits weight out. [mod] not allowed [/mod]

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-30-2009 at 05:23 PM..

Old 07-31-2008, 08:44 PM

108 posts, read 362,169 times
Default Progressive!

Progressive Insurance is awesome! Yes, I do work for them, BUT, I had

them as my car insurance carrier long before that. I did have to put in

a claim and although of course you never want to have to do that, the

experience was great. I was treated very well, and if I did not work for them,

I would still be a customer today because of that. As a previous poster

said, a lot of the other companies mentioned are captive companies,

but if you seek out an Independent Agent they can quote you for different

companies. What you really need is for your Insurance company is

to be there for you when something happens. Progressive has the

resources and people to do that. I can tell from my training, we are

taught to be very customer service oriented. Not saying we are perfect,

but I know we certainly strive to be. I LOVE Progressive, as an

employee, AND as a customer.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 AM

26 posts, read 65,391 times
I was a State Farm customer for over 20 years. When I finally wanted to file a claim on my house ($850 claim with a $500 deductible) I was discouraged from doing so because of my excellent "no claim" record. Shortly after we had to file for an SR22 on our auto insurance. Rates went sky high (understandably so, I know) however we were told that our rates would remain be hight for a minimum 3 years even though we only needed the SR22 for one year.

Found an independent agent and got lower rates on both home and auto. I haven't had to file a home owners claim with the new company (Allied) so I can't vouch for their customer service. But our auto is with Progressive and they were AWESOME to work with after a fender bender this spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area