Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2010, 04:31 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times

Advertisements

Im looking to buy a home in Gilbert AZ, and our realtor is recommending a guy he knows....I'm always getting effed when I used the "GUY HE KNOWS" from what ever. I don't want someone who works in collusion with either sales/buyers agent/loan agent. I want a real inspection done, and I don't want any sugar coating. Can anyone recommend an inspector, or tell me how to find a referral list with references? Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 06:20 PM

240 posts, read 837,895 times
We used Homewerx instead of the person our realtor suggested because we wanted an independent inspection. There is a rating of them here (not from us, have no affiliation with them). YMMV, but for us the Homewerx inspector showed up on time with a marked vehicle and got to work. He answered questions during the inspection, and so far nothing not on the inspection report has appeared. Inspectors only inspect things they can see (obviously they aren't going to open up walls for example) so we also ordered the x-ray (an additional charge) to get a further look at the home. Good luck with your inspector hunt.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:31 PM

78 posts, read 285,426 times
I got this inspector recommended last year from this website forums:
Steve Marchal of Pinaacle Propety Inspections. at 602-451-9833.

We used him to inspect a spec house, which claimed to have extra sound barrier insulations which he proved using thermal imaging. Also found some issues in electrical points and insulation in attic
Felt to be in good hands and taken care of
I am not a Realtor, I was a first time home buyer, and paid a little extra out of my pocket as compare to the one recommended by realtor.
Hope this helps u

Old 04-06-2010, 12:49 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novsaggi View Post
I got this inspector recommended last year from this website forums:
Steve Marchal of Pinaacle Propety Inspections. at 602-451-9833.

We used him to inspect a spec house, which claimed to have extra sound barrier insulations which he proved using thermal imaging. Also found some issues in electrical points and insulation in attic
Felt to be in good hands and taken care of
I am not a Realtor, I was a first time home buyer, and paid a little extra out of my pocket as compare to the one recommended by realtor.
Hope this helps u
Actually, I think I was the one who referred him on this forum. I have used him for my own personal real estate purchases as well as referring him to clients. The clients that have used him have been happy with him and his services. I'm glad your experience was good as well. That makes me even more confident in continuing to refer clients to Steve.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:27 AM

78 posts, read 285,426 times
Right on, thanks for your recommendations

Old 04-07-2010, 01:12 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novsaggi View Post
Right on, thanks for your recommendations

You're welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: