U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:24 PM

216 posts, read 433,047 times
you can all sue each other to bits...there are 4 families that have lost their mother/daughter/son/father....and 5 other riders who will live with the rememberence of that happy, fun day...guilt ridden that they are the survivors.....even the driver of the dump truck has a mother and father, son or daughter, or wife, he is a messed up individual, that, in a civilized country, will suffer the consequences...and i, personally , would say the death penalty is appropriate..that is my humble opinion only...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 09:09 AM

1,128 posts, read 921,772 times
It's amaxing to me how many people with DUI's, suspended license, car impounded, somehow manage to get behind the wheel or get another car from someone!
Drive defensively people...b/c you never know who's driving behind you or beside you or what condition they are in! And be sure to buckle up and secure children at all times please!!

Old 04-08-2010, 09:19 AM

6,331 posts, read 10,339,420 times
And if you motorcycle, please wear your helmets. We don't know enough to determine if any riders would have been saved in this particular case by wearing a helmet. But I do know that in my area, we've had drunks run into motorcyclists that would definitely have been saved by wearing one. You wear a helmet (or a seatbelt) to protect yourself from situations over which you have no control -- like getting hit at a stop sign.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:49 AM

8,164 posts, read 9,489,274 times
as far as drug testing - if he is a CDL holder it is mandatory that he is pre-hire and random drug screened ...... it's also mandatory that they request some information and that it is provided by prior employers (such as drug tests)

only problem is that in most cases punitive damages are also insurable in AZ - so unless they can tie in a criminal element the employer isn't going to bear the brunt of the hit as long as they have a lot of limits

Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 AM

17,257 posts, read 13,443,828 times
Pretty chunky for a tweeker.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:28 PM

1,128 posts, read 921,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Pretty chunky for a tweeker.
True!

Old 04-08-2010, 01:39 PM

10,227 posts, read 13,389,131 times
Disembowlment would work especially if you could keep the guy alive while you did it.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:55 PM

42,692 posts, read 19,577,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Damn shame, isn't it, Shiphead?

Some people have absolutely no respect or consideration for others.

by the way . . . could that idiot's name possibly be for real?
The person who was driving the dump truck will certainly have to live with the fact that his ignorance and irresponsible behavior caused the death of 4 individuals.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:38 PM
YAZ

6,131 posts, read 6,505,140 times
I got hit by a drunk driver on the way to work this past week. I was feeling sorry for myself because I'll have to fork over a deductible and pay for a rental car.

I forgot about this tragedy and I feel ashamed.

and a 'lil bit lucky.......

Old 04-09-2010, 04:42 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,377,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I got hit by a drunk driver on the way to work this past week. I was feeling sorry for myself because I'll have to fork over a deductible and pay for a rental car.

I forgot about this tragedy and I feel ashamed.

and a 'lil bit lucky.......
I am assuming the drunk driver did not have insurance, correct? You should not have to pay anything otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: