U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-10-2010, 09:03 PM

5 posts, read 7,430 times

Advertisements

We are thinking about moving to Phoenix from Tulsa, OK. We have a good job oportunity but before we accept it we wanted to find out more about Phoenix. The main reason we want to leave Tulsa, is the evangelicals in the area. We are family with 2 kids, and it is extremely difficult to find any activities that are not in some way church related. Even if you find something that is not church sponsored, as soon as you start talking to people, conversation turns to church and nothing else. Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people going to church, but here there is nothing but church. We believe in God, but we are just tired of being judged for not spending every minute of our life in and around church.
We moved here for a job 4 years ago from Denver, where we just loved it. Our jobs here are great, and we tried to make it work as much as we could, but we've come to the point where we just want to leave.
How is life in Phoenix as far as religious conservativism goes? We just want to expose our kids to different things and not only one kind of thinking. What would be good suburbs to move into for someone like us? Our income would probably be in the mid to high 90's.
Thanks for your replies.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:34 PM

17,614 posts, read 21,011,538 times
I have a place in the Tulsa area where I once thought about living. PHX is NOTHING like Tulsa when it comes to religion. PHX is far from the bible belt mentality. If you want a church-oriented life, you can find it but no one will ask you and no one cares if you do not.

There are many good subdivisions in your income range. You need to pick one near where you work otherwise the commute can be very trying.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:55 PM

5 posts, read 7,430 times
Thanks,

That sounds great, I just wanted to make sure that wasn't going to be a problem.

Job location would either be west around Palo Verde or north near the Deer Valley Airport.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:01 PM

17,614 posts, read 21,011,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_moving View Post
Thanks,

That sounds great, I just wanted to make sure that wasn't going to be a problem.

Job location would either be west around Palo Verde or north near the Deer Valley Airport.
On the west side you might want to look into Estrella, Verrado, Palm Valley. These are master planned communities with good schools and many family oriented activities. Your income is pretty much consistent with what people who live in these developments earn. I live in Estrella and highly recommend it. Someone else would know more than I about the Deer Valley area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area