Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 02:45 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times

Advertisements

I went to game 5 on Friday night and it was incredibly fun. Hockey is so much better live than on television unlike other sports. The city is really coming together and representing. There were only 1/4 Redwing fans.

If you haven't been to a Coyotes game, come represent your city on Tuesday night. You will have so much fun. They still have inexpensive tickets on stubhub ($50) And every seat in that arena is good and offers great sight lines, it's not like being in the upper deck at U.S. Airways arena.

If the Coyotes win, this will be one of the biggest upsets in NHL history and the first playoff win for the franchise. I have been to the playoffs for the Cardinals, Suns, and the Dbacks and this game was more fun. It has a great vibe. The fans are passionate yet still classy on both sides. There is better food at this stadium too and the beer is actually cold.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:36 PM

295 posts, read 552,677 times
I know, very exciting for those who follow. After the past couple of years, the Pack could really use a victory tonight.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:47 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,276,167 times
It would be a huge win for the franchise, but not an "upset", and certainly not one of the biggest upsets in NHL history. PHX is seeded #4, and Detroit #5, which is why PHX has the home ice advantage. That said, it would be huge, given the "mystique" that the Wings have. I'm not a hockey fan in the least, but I can handle a few minutes here and there when it's playoff hockey.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:18 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Got the win today, now it's back to Phx for Game 7. This is the "feel good" story in Arizona sports over the past year. Go Coyotes!

Old 04-25-2010, 04:24 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,439 times
S#%t, I would kill for a $50 ticket at the United Center for the Hawks. I hate Deeetroit hockey with passion, but if the Hawks were to win the Cup this year without beating the Wings, it just wouldn't feel right.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:37 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Coming from MN and the North Stars years ago, I cannot like the Hawks or Wings, so go Coyotes

Old 04-25-2010, 04:51 PM

380 posts, read 1,062,595 times
Is Gretzkey's "bettor half" going to be there?

Old 04-25-2010, 04:51 PM

824 posts, read 2,335,853 times
I have been to the Glendale arena five or six times for hockey games, mostly when Anaheim was in town to see the possibly retiring amazing player Teemu Selanne work his magic. But the Phoenix team has been pretty impressive when it counts, and most people who enjoy some sports would probably enjoy going to a live game. If playoff tickets seem too costly, there are usually plenty of low demand weekday evening games in the regular season.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:58 PM

35 posts, read 157,957 times
I may soon live in Phoenix, but I will never go to the dark side. GO WINGS!!
Heck of a game by the yotes today though, I'd give them a slight edge over the Wings in game 7...would hardly consider it an "upset" though, OP. This year's Wings (5 seed in the West) are not the Wings of '08 and '09.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:52 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
It would be a huge win for the franchise, but not an "upset", and certainly not one of the biggest upsets in NHL history. PHX is seeded #4, and Detroit #5, which is why PHX has the home ice advantage. That said, it would be huge, given the "mystique" that the Wings have. I'm not a hockey fan in the least, but I can handle a few minutes here and there when it's playoff hockey.
The seeding means nothing and any knowledgeable fan knows that. By your logic, the Blazers are better than the Spurs in the NBA because the Spurs are the 7th seed and the Blazers are the 6th despite the Spurs leading the 2 seed Mavericks 3-1 in the playoffs right now. This is the same Detroit team that lost in 7 games in the Stanley Cup Finals last year and they haven't changed. Everyone knows Detroit is far more talented than their seeding and one of the favorites to win the west. Detroit wasn't even playoff bound and they finished the season as the hottest team in the west to earn the 5th seed. Furthermore, we lost Shane Doan our best player and highest scorer to injury and unlike Detroit, we aren't loaded with talent so we rely heavily on Doan. Despite the seeding, the overwhelming majority of analysts picked Detroit so it would be an upset if we won on Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmualum View Post
I may soon live in Phoenix, but I will never go to the dark side. GO WINGS!!
Heck of a game by the yotes today though, I'd give them a slight edge over the Wings in game 7...would hardly consider it an "upset" though, OP. This year's Wings (5 seed in the West) are not the Wings of '08 and '09.
Just because your team was underachieving in the regular season doesn't mean they are incapable of winning the West. And every Detroit fan knows this whether or not they are willing to admit it.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 04-25-2010 at 11:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area