Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 08:35 PM

5 posts, read 12,074 times

Advertisements

So I have looked at couple of the threads that have similar topic on this site and they have been helpful. But I guess I'm looking for something a little different. I'm going to ASU's law school in the fall and I'm looking to rent a place. I really want to be by downtown Tempe (Mill Ave). Having never been down there, are there properties for rent in that area or a couple streets away. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 08:03 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,311,267 times
Yes, there are. Do some searches on the rental sites, and you will find them, both in Tempe and in East Phoenix along the light rail line just north of downtown Tempe (Mill Ave). There are also some older, smaller complexes in the area around Mill and the campus.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:16 AM

426 posts, read 1,303,995 times
A couple years ago I attended a New Year's Eve party within walking distance of Mill Ave.

It was in a pretty nice town house to the west of Mill. I don't know how much the host paid for the place, but the complex was well maintained.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicforme View Post
A couple years ago I attended a New Year's Eve party within walking distance of Mill Ave.

It was in a pretty nice town house to the west of Mill. I don't know how much the host paid for the place, but the complex was well maintained.
Might have been Hayden Square. There could be some rentals there.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:20 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,397,218 times
Are you out of state currently? Be prepared to pay out the ass for tuition until you become a resident.

There are a ton of rentals near ASU, just look around on craigslist.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,566,858 times
I'd recommend not going to a school if you have to pay out-of-state tuition, unless you of course don't care about paying off student loans forever or have rich parents that are willing to support you.

You could probably take a year off of school or so and work and support yourself until you get residency status.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,298 times
I see that is the lawyers or soon to be lawyers thread. I know the economy in Phoenix is atrocious, especially with regards to corporate and real estate law. To observer53, since you are in practice, how difficult would it be to start a criminal defense firm in Phoenix with prior experience (Chicago)?

Old 04-27-2010, 11:33 AM

I am not in private practice, haven't been for years, so I can't help you with that question. You might start a thread more directed to that issue. This thread is about rental housing in Tempe, not lawyers.

As far as the out of state tuition goes, I'm sure the OP KNOWS what the out of state tuition is (assuming they ARE out of state). It's really none of anyone's business whether he or she starts school now or waits a year, if he/she is an out of state student.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:53 PM

5 posts, read 12,074 times
Hey thanks for the advice especially the specific story about NYE, I guess I just can't quite tell how an area is without being there. I am from out of state (St. Louis), but luckily scholarships will help with that. I will continue to search online, but a quick question about if anyone has seen loft/condos in that area?

Old 04-27-2010, 04:56 PM

Do a Google search on Hayden Square Tempe and you will come up with some interesting stuff, including condo/loft locations in central Tempe. I saw some sales listings, but you could check around and see if there are rentals available at those locations too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area