Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:18 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,195 times

Advertisements

Im a good person to ask. I lived in the PNW in Oregon and Wa for most of my life. One day we were flying to LA and had a stop in phoenix. The geology and sunshine with the deep blue sky was amazing from the Airport windows. We decided to move. 5 years later we did. The We moved here in March. 3 months later...the air caught on FIRE...I mean it was sooo freaking hot, I thought the trees were going to burst into FLAMES. Ah who cares, summer is only 2 or three months right?...summer finally ended Halloween night. My son went trick or treating in 99 degree heat.

That said, when the hellfire did end, the 7 months that followed were amazing. The sunshine, the flowers, the blue sky, culture, easy traffic, food, and desert beauty were incredible. We stayed for almost 2 years. In the end, we really missed things like walking on the beach...feeding squirrels, taking nice hikes in the shady forests.

Soo...we moved back. We had a hot summer, but not too bad, it was only a month long. Then fall....man that was beautiful...had not seen one in a couple of years, and I really missed the color. But then the clouds set in, and the rain. Driving around in constant rain started getting to me really fast. Alos the mold and moss everywhere.

So now we are back in Gilbert Waiting for the Hellish summer to begin again. the wages are lower, thats for sure, there are NO squirrels to feed, but every day, I wake up to a new sunny day and as soon as my lease is up, Ill be buying a much cheaper home with alot of amenities that I could not have even looked at in the PNW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 12:16 PM

12 posts, read 33,703 times
Moved here from Tri-Cities too. I can relate very much to the comment that "NW is a gorgeous woman who is sick most times" LOL! I agree that the PNW is beautiful and green but desert has its own character. We love the scenery here as much as we love the thick green in PNW (not so much in Tri-Cities though). One thing we miss is the wineries in Yakima/Walla walla area. If you can put up with the extreme heat for few months you get a treat for almost 7 months!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area