Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 10:17 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,939,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
If you haven't lived in FL your basically have no debate. There is a huge difference with the weather. Humidity here will never compare. Nobody is duped at all. You are crying about four months when in FL it's year round with that weird week or two where it's actually cool.
Ive been to Florida in mid-summer, both on the beach and inland. I would never argue its as humid here as there, but our dewpoint levels and humidity can be extremely high in the early morning hours.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:13 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,029,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
2-3 is actually a little low for drinking water. The EPA residual disinfectant chlorine goal is 4 ppm. And don't give me this AZ city water business. The standards are the same in MN as AZ. At least in AZ you are not drinking treated effluent that was dumped in the river by the town upstream.

As for well water, a well is getting the same water as the city well is getting or possibly a perched aquifer with limited and usually not so hot water quality. The big difference aside from the government requirement to chlorinate (we did not chlorinate groundwater here as a rule until fairly recently), is that city water has to meet EPA requirements for such things as arsenic and nitrates while domestic wells often exceed those same limits.
WRONG, WRONG. 4 ppm chlorine is not what the EPA standard is for drinking water. You must be thinking of pool water.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:38 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,263,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Most people find at least March to be absolutely delightful around here weatherwise - maybe the best month of the year. On the other hand, there are those who don't. My own mother came to visit in March and about died in the low 80s. I think we can all agree that some people, like you, just don't do heat well and would be smart not to consider living here.
I'mm one. My brother, on the other hand, loves Phoenix any time of year, and would love to retire there.
So did our father. Unfortunately, Dad spent his life in cold Idaho, and my brother will likely do the same, due to ongoing lifelong responsibilities that were passed first to my father, and then to him.

I do hop my bro finds a cheap little trailer pad to rent year round, so he can pull his old travel trailer down whenever he can, especially in the winters. He hates our winters, but I have always loved 'em.

Goes to show how close differences can be. We are all quite close to each other, except for some preferences.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:22 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,591,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
WRONG, WRONG. 4 ppm chlorine is not what the EPA standard is for drinking water. You must be thinking of pool water.
Slurp, slurp... Yummy!

Old 07-03-2015, 07:22 AM

39,025 posts, read 51,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
The EPA maximum residual drinking water goal for chlorine is 4 ppm. What that means (and my post was not clear about that) is that the amount of chlorine in your water at the tap can be up to 4 ppm. It should also be more than .2 ppm IIRC throughout the distribution system. So, it is entirely possible and permissible to have higher levels of chlorine in your glass than in your pool. Typical values at the tap run from around .5 to 2 ppm which is around what most pools would be if you tested them randomly. It can be higher or lower depending on many factors such as transit time in the system or distance from the treatment facility.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:09 AM

23 posts, read 39,428 times
Admittedly Phoenix is hot but the reason people move here is because it's a very easy city to live in.

1) Easy driving, parking and shopping
2) Reasonably large, affordable houses

Phoenix is a very nice, middle class city.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:45 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,591,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOENIXtreeguy View Post
Admittedly Phoenix is hot but the reason people move here is because it's a very easy city to live in.

1) Easy driving, parking and shopping
2) Reasonably large, affordable houses

Phoenix is a very nice, middle class city.
That's right, podnuh. And there ain't nobody ever messing with my hitching post!

Old 07-07-2015, 04:43 PM

226 posts, read 226,928 times
Compared to Florida, Arizona is dry to the bone. Monsoon season... hah. Try hurricane season.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,321 times
I have been living in Phoenix since Dec 2010. I was also scared because of heat factor here. I think heat tolerance depends person to person. Yes it is too hot specially from mid June to mid Sept. This 90 days of period some time force you to think about moving out of Arizona and move to some other state, But as soon as we touch October things start getting better here. I also realized that with time people get adapt to this weather and heat is not a big factor for them.
People actually wait for summers because they love to go for river tubing, boating, kayaking, fishing and many other water sports at lakes around phoenix city.
Someone posted in this Forum about Traffic, druggist and illegal immigrants. Traffic problem is everywhere, in all developing cities, Junkies are everywhere in ghetto areas of cities. Phoenix is expanding, other towns/cities are developing around Phoenix like Gilbert, Mesa etc. Property is affordable. Tax is lower than many other states. You can save money here.
The one main reason people are moving here is growth in IT sector. I see lots of companies moved to AZ in last 5 years.
Medical line is also expanding here. Thanks

Old 07-25-2015, 12:37 PM

226 posts, read 226,928 times
107 degrees and 25 percent humidity, and some nice puffy clouds in the sky... it's gonna be a gorgeous day!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area