Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:59 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,893,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttrBug View Post
I have not mastered photoshop yet- as so far I have not done much more than occassionally crop my photos. I just copy my copyright line (symbol, name, year) from a word doc, and paste it in MS Paint.
Does it matter, or should I be using photoshop? Please help/advise? Thanks.
Whatever works. I do the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 05:05 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFreak View Post
Hey.... so nice to hear!!
Yes, 2 Goldens will be a wonderful choice for Photography...I agree

Old 10-16-2008, 05:08 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Thank you all for your warm and best wishes. I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone and your talent wonderful photography work.

For the October theme, Grannymontanny (September winner) has picked:

"Any transportation on wheels"
"Wheels" ..... anything new or old that gets a person or thing from one place to another.

This is going to be a very exciting contest! I would like to discuss a time frame that would
suit everyone needs. Remember the rules of only fresh photographs allowed for the contest.

I wish you all FUN, Happiness and most of all - beautiful pictures.
Hugs, 2goldens
Do the Wheels have to work.........?
Do they really have to get you from one place to another, or can they be Old dead wheels ( sorry for the term, lol) or wheels that won't ever roll but are wheels none the less.....

Old 10-16-2008, 05:08 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
Quote:
I have not mastered photoshop yet- as so far I have not done much more than occassionally crop my photos. I just copy my copyright line (symbol, name, year) from a word doc, and paste it in MS Paint.
Does it matter, or should I be using photoshop? Please help/advise? Thanks.
Use what ever tickles your fancy. I like photoshop so that it is easy for me to place. Some photos need a little outline around the copyright statement to be seen. That's not often but when needed I know of no way to do it personally except in photoshop. I'll see what I can dig up and post an example. As bibit says, some non true type or special fonts may not work. The normal Arial, Roman, etc have always worked for me.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:17 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,703,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Use what ever tickles your fancy. I like photoshop so that it is easy for me to place. Some photos need a little outline around the copyright statement to be seen. That's not often but when needed I know of no way to do it personally except in photoshop. I'll see what I can dig up and post an example. As bibit says, some non true type or special fonts may not work. The normal Arial, Roman, etc have always worked for me.
got it finally - THANKS ALL...Times New Roman worked - I was using Arial Narrow.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:12 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,750,994 times
Summering,

"Any transportation on wheels"
"Wheels" ..... anything new or old that gets a person or thing from one place to another.

If the wheels can transporte, new or old, then it would apply. I would think dead or alive
doesn't matter, must be a way of transportation in "Wheel" form.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:38 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,884,366 times
Alright peeps, please read, review, critique and proof for me....sorry for the delays!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/photo...portation.html

Old 10-20-2008, 05:52 PM

347 posts, read 1,094,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Some photos need a little outline around the copyright statement to be seen. That's not often but when needed I know of no way to do it personally except in photoshop.
Yes, an example would help. I think you mean where the shades are so similar, and you have trouble selecting a color to make one's copyright signature stand out. I do have trouble with some photos- I just can't seem to find the right shade!

2Goldens: Forgive me if my questions seem silly- I'm a newbie.
You said in the sticky: Pictures can be submitted any time AFTER October 31, 2008, And voting begins Nov 2.
So, Pictures can only be submitted on Nov 1st? Clarify please. Thanks!

Old 10-20-2008, 06:07 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
Quote:
Yes, an example would help. I think you mean where the shades are so similar, and you have trouble selecting a color to make one's copyright signature stand out. I do have trouble with some photos- I just can't seem to find the right shade!
Here is an example of text with an out line with a different color. This is not a real good example of where to use it but shows the technique that you can use in Photoshop real easy. I left the white only and then used a matching green color from the photo to pick up the white with out making it over powering. Often if there is lot of pattern or texture with changing colors choosing a fixed color can be difficult at best. This is done in Photoshop using "layer style" and then the "stroke" option. HTH.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:10 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,750,994 times
Another question:

Should we use our real names/initials or would our screen names
be better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests