Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 04:44 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,754,865 times

Advertisements

~~~~****~~~~DISCUSSION TIME ~~~~***~~~~

I ask all of you active members, I know you are all capable of explaining. Please tell us how to judge a GREAT photograph above the rest.

My idealistic would be: Think of a very special occasion Hallmark card for a special person in your life. This month's theme, Love / Valentine is a perfect example. For the "Home State" I think of pictures that show beauty, and the picture actually makes me wish to be there to touch, feel, smell, taste and see the beauty!

Words that come to my mind are:
Creativity
Proportion

Let's discuss! I want to add in the rules of March's contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 05:02 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,754,865 times
To define a Hallmark card, my thoughts on this would be:

Would you spend $6.00 on a beautiful photo card with lovely words for a special person in your life once a year on a special occassion or maybe "just because."

Old 02-28-2009, 02:39 PM

76 posts, read 324,814 times
There were alot of good ones this time around, it was hard to narrow it down. My vote went to one that showed creativity. When I read the hallmark comment, I went back and looked again, I can see spending $6.00 on more than one of them. There are some that I can picture a "love" caption and sitting in the card section.

IMO you can tell which ones really spent the time thinking of this theme and came up with a great photo.

I enjoyed looking at everyones photo. Thank you to everyone that entered!

On the home state contest, I can see some of those in a "HEY, COME TO OUR STATE AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER" pamplet at the visitor center. Again a tough choice on the vote there too!

Old 02-28-2009, 05:38 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
What a terrific idea. Great photos & I voted !

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-01-2009, 09:55 AM

409 posts, read 951,735 times
Congratulations to everyone who won!!! There were some great shots.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:32 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,105,106 times
I loved this theme...it made me think and made me work! Congrats to all who won!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:21 PM

491 posts, read 1,475,871 times
Thanks very much to everyone who sent me nice compliments. I appreciate it.

As far as what I think a good photo should be...

I'm a girl all about the basics. I hate a photo that doesn't have good exposure, composition or focus. I hate when there is junk in the photo that distracts from the subject. Especially if it could've been moved out of the way or shot from a better angle. I like balance. If you can get through these things, then all you have to do is find good subject matter which I think you can do pretty much anywhere if you look for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests