Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 02:29 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Don't forget to post six versions of each processed different ways as well for comparison.
Shouldn't EACH of those processing derivations have its OWN thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 02:43 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
make it a top level photo index thread like you are suggesting.

I already sent this suggestion per DM to the Moderator

Old 12-02-2010, 06:05 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I already sent this suggestion per DM to the Moderator
Done. It has been renamed.

I don't know what the status of the "Assignments" is. It seems to have been inactive.

There are also a few other posts with various threads listed which I plan to organize...

Rich

Old 12-03-2010, 09:13 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Done. It has been renamed.

I don't know what the status of the "Assignments" is. It seems to have been inactive.

There are also a few other posts with various threads listed which I plan to organize...

Rich
The thread "Assignments" is no longer in the sticky. It can be found by clicking on this link Current & Previous Assignments w/Links

If it need to be in a sticky we can figure something out...

EDITED: There is now a Sticky: Index's of City Data Photography Forum Photo Threads

Rich
(just talking to myself)...

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 12-11-2013 at 11:39 PM..

Old 12-03-2010, 09:32 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Great change - thank you, Poncho! Now the photo themes are easy to find

Old 12-04-2010, 05:31 AM

106,568 posts, read 108,713,667 times
the stickies help... at least if you post on a stickie you know you can add photos where on most photography forums its considered rude to post on someone elses thread unless invited or asked.
the only issue i have with stickies is i like to search out different areas before i go there to see what others have done and stickies make it hard to search.

today we are headed to the medival wing of the museum of modern art in nyc called the cloisters to shoot. so this morning i went to a few sites where all posts are seperate,did a search by cloisters and saw all the threads come up and got an idea of what others have done and things i might want to make sure i dont miss,.,. but non the less for non specific shots the stickies are fine.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:41 AM

4,510 posts, read 5,048,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
the stickies help... at least if you post on a stickie you know you can add photos where on most photography forums its considered rude to post on someone elses thread unless invited or asked.
the only issue i have with stickies is i like to search out different areas before i go there to see what others have done and stickies make it hard to search.

today we are headed to the medival wing of the museum of modern art in nyc called the cloisters to shoot. so this morning i went to a few sites where all posts are seperate,did a search by cloisters and saw all the threads come up and got an idea of what others have done and things i might want to make sure i dont miss,.,. but non the less for non specific shots the stickies are fine.
My thoughts exactly ! Thanks

Old 12-04-2010, 09:09 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,807,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Honestly, I wish people would add pictures to existing threads unless there's a compelling reason to start a new one. Examples of compelling reasons would be a vacation or trip report, or something unusual or particularly outstanding. We do have some folks here who seem to start a new thread every time they take a picture. That just serves to bounce all the other threads, including the long running subject threads off the first page. There are plenty of photographic forums where everybody starts a new thread for every picture. Personally, I like this forum because of the long running topic threads.

There is a list of the subject threads here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/photo...scussions.html

I wish the moderators would make that post a top level sticky, instead of burying it away in the Assignment Discussions thread where most don't even know it's there.
I totally agree with everything you said, kdog. Now if only everyone would comply. <*sigh*>

Old 12-04-2010, 11:43 PM

1,808 posts, read 3,189,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I totally agree with everything you said, kdog. Now if only everyone would comply. <*sigh*>

Retitling the stickies seemed to help, I'm noticing several threads being bumped and added to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography