Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:09 PM

3,925 posts, read 2,557,990 times

Advertisements

Hi, I got the idea to start a Photo Story thread. Post a story and a picture. Two pictures at the most but no more because the story is as much a part of it as the photo. A little story or long, it doesn't matter. A quick photo or a planned out one. Nothing fancy is needed, just a story and a picture. For that matter, how about a Haiku?

I'll start with one.

Last Fourth of July found me at a local lake. At the last minute I found out they were having a boat parade and I wanted to take some pictures. I started at the edge of the lake. "Whoa, those boats are in the middle of the lake!" I thought as I stepped into the water. Moving to the right where all the boats were closer, I went in deeper... and deeper, until... NO! I didn't drop my camera when I dipped ito a small hole (whew!).

I had so much fun that day. The people were so friendly and the kids were so full of laughter and life.

And I am going back this Fourth!

This photograph is one of my favorites. I remember catching the boy jumping. Being at the right place at the right time!

Timing is everything!

Attached Thumbnails
Photo Story Thread... story yarn ;-)-boys-boatxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 10:27 PM

I was driving in the country on a day I was bored. I had driven the hills and valleys plus seen a new city. But I was still bored.
A few times I stopped to take pictures, which wasn't easy on windy two lane roads. I stopped to look at the valley, it looked so soft and green.

Then I saw it. Well, actually saw two, maybe three deer. Two fawns (not sure if there were one or two fawns) and their mother. I aimed my camera and shot fast and then, they were gone.

When I got home the pictures were so dark they were black! But I used Microsoft Office Picture Manager and lightened them! Here is baby fawn.

And here is Mama deer

Attached Thumbnails
Photo Story Thread... story yarn ;-)-baby.jpg   Photo Story Thread... story yarn ;-)-mama.jpg  

Old 04-10-2011, 11:50 PM

5,238 posts, read 7,963,021 times
Very cute pics, and a nice idea. I hope people will post some pics here. It's interesting to read about the story behind the photos too. Thanks for starting this thread.

I'll try and find a pic, I use to take so many, but I'm not sure I even have one to share at the moment. Maybe when I get this printer hooked up I can scan a pic of one of my old dogs that passed away long ago now. It's a cute pic, I'd like to share it with ya if I can. I typically don't keep pics of my pets after they are gone, its just to hard to look at the old photos and not cry. I can't help it they have been my best friends in life.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:59 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,484,385 times
This is a good idea, I will have to come back and check it out. Right now, it's off to work.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:31 PM

14,785 posts, read 23,996,029 times
This guy was in my backyard in my house in florida and I remember being on the phone with my sister in ct and she was like . Well dont go out there he might attack you , LOL !!! my sister is so funny sometimes .
Attached Thumbnails
Photo Story Thread... story yarn ;-)-042508-005.jpg  

Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,484,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
I'll start with one.

Last Fourth of July found me at a local lake.
Here is my fourth of July pic.

My people gathered every summer for the sun dance, which was outlawed by the soldiers in the 1860s. To this day, we gather on the 4th, and members of our tribe come from far and wide for the ceremonial, to dance, to sing, to camp out and visit family and relatives.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:21 AM

5,238 posts, read 7,963,021 times
This is a photo my fiancee took. It is looking out the window of her parents house in the Bukidnon Province in Northern Mindanao, Philippines. They have no electricity there, and no mobile phone service in that area either. Luckily she isn't staying there now or it would be difficult for us to communicate. It's a pretty nice shot, I think.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:52 PM

24,772 posts, read 28,419,342 times
The Tree House in Crossville Tennessee just off I-40. A Minister built it 10-15 years ago from scrap lumber.. Currently no one lives their. Open too the public on a honor system too explore several stories high and with many rooms and stair cases..

Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
This guy was in my backyard in my house in florida and I remember being on the phone with my sister in ct and she was like . Well dont go out there he might attack you , LOL !!! my sister is so funny sometimes .
Watch out Phonelady! Wild animals could be dangerous! ;-) Really, it is funny your sister thought he would attack you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Here is my fourth of July pic.

My people gathered every summer for the sun dance, which was outlawed by the soldiers in the 1860s. To this day, we gather on the 4th, and members of our tribe come from far and wide for the ceremonial, to dance, to sing, to camp out and visit family and relatives.
When I was little, I went to a pow wow. I am glad your family and tribe have wonderful celebrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
This is a photo my fiancee took. It is looking out the window of her parents house in the Bukidnon Province in Northern Mindanao, Philippines. They have no electricity there, and no mobile phone service in that area either. Luckily she isn't staying there now or it would be difficult for us to communicate. It's a pretty nice shot, I think.
Very nice view! Have you ever been there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
The Tree House in Crossville Tennessee just off I-40. A Minister built it 10-15 years ago from scrap lumber.. Currently no one lives their. Open too the public on a honor system too explore several stories high and with many rooms and stair cases..
Interesting place, Tinman. You have visited? Sounds like a fun place to explore.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:05 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,793,231 times
Here's Sunny, one of the many cats that we've had since moving into our suburban house here on Long Island in '74.
It was in '99 that I got my first digital camera (1 mp, Fuji Finepix), and eager to fill the memory card, I took pictures
of anything and everything. Sunny had a favorite spot in which to lounge around, a comfortable chair in the living room.
I couldn't pass up the chance to get this picture of him, and although he died three years later, he did have an easy life.

Attached Thumbnails
Photo Story Thread... story yarn ;-)-sunnycat.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography