Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 08:15 AM

463 posts, read 1,047,848 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find a website online that will help me expand my abilities as a photographer, that allows me to work at my own pace, (working mom of three) that's either free or relatively inexpensive.

Something that chooses a different subject like lightening, night shots, fireworks etc.. and allows you to work on the assignment when I have free time (I make time but its not dedicated every week given my busy life style.)

Anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 08:29 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,255 times
elnina that is awesome, thanks..just got a fancy camera myself and was wondering about sharpening my skills

Old 01-20-2012, 08:38 AM

463 posts, read 1,047,848 times
Elnina - Thank you so much!

Old 01-20-2012, 08:41 AM

61,629 posts, read 86,981,866 times
good luck with your lessons!

Old 12-18-2012, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,740 times
Default known cheap schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumermarie View Post
I'm trying to find a website online that will help me expand my abilities as a photographer, that allows me to work at my own pace, (working mom of three) that's either free or relatively inexpensive.

Something that chooses a different subject like lightening, night shots, fireworks etc.. and allows you to work on the assignment when I have free time (I make time but its not dedicated every week given my busy life style.)

Im in the same boat you are in and ive found that newyork institute is the cheapest i found and seem to be the most benifit. Its 30 courses and you have up to 3 years to complete you complete on your own pace and you get on your own pace. You can complete in lil as 8 months though but they have a monthly payment that are less then 50$

Old 12-22-2012, 11:28 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,052,691 times
I have seen the course work for NYIP and I do not recommend them. You have very little feedback from your instructor and I found a lot of the books they send you are not well written. Some of the articles confused me and I have. BFA in photography and have worked as a professional for 12 years now.

You will find much better tutorials via YouTube, CreativeLive (free at time of streaming) and Kelby Training.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:45 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,882,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumermarie View Post

I've learned TONS from here: KelbyTraining.com | The Leading Provider of Education for Photography and Creative Professionals Worldwide

And it's a yearly fee for as much training as you want. Helps in photography and post-processing. Great tool!

Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,723,183 times
If all else fails, get out and shoot and learn from doing. That's helped me a lot and I learn something every time I go out. Good luck!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:24 AM

64 posts, read 128,103 times
Bookmarking this to come back to later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography