Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 12:52 PM

114 posts, read 777,234 times

Advertisements

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3 and I want to use that to take pictures using a green screen. The software (photo key 5) has a hot folder option, but I can't seem to get the computer and camera to talk to each other.

Does anyone know how to setup a hot folder on the camera?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 07:27 PM

13,172 posts, read 21,769,773 times
Does PhotoKey have an option to control your camera? I don't see that in their list of features. But if it does, then you should only need to cable your camera to the computer and it should work. If it doesn't work then you have a problem with the app. If you want to use another program for tethering, both Adobe Lightroom and Canon DPP can do that for you.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 PM

Not sure what you mean about controlling the camera. The software is supposed to import the photo, add the background image, and then print it automatically. I connected the camera today, but it only acted like it wanted to export the photos and not read the software.

I'll try contacting the photo key company. Thanks

Old 05-02-2012, 11:01 PM

I should have said interface with the camera. Some how it communicates with the camera to know a picture was taken and then it needs to read it out. Those camera interfaces also allow the camera to be controlled remotely to change settings and take pictures, but I was getting ahead of myself.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 AM

Photokey is supposed to do all that. I just couldn't get the camera to operate like normal. It just wanted to download the pics. I setup a hot folder on my computer, do you know how to tell the camera to send the pics to that folder?

Thanks for all your help.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:23 AM

Not sure what you mean by, "It just wanted to download the pics". Who is "it"? Are you talking about Windows Autoplay per chance, or what? The camera itself is pretty passive in all this, it just responds to an application's commands. As I said, both Lightroom and DPP can be set up to download pics from your camera into a folder as you shoot. If you're not using either of those, then it's up to your program to do this if it has that capability.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 AM

Thanks KDog. I found Canons utility that is supposed to allow the remote access, but so far it is not working. I'm running on a school computer (I'm a teacher) and we have very limited access on what we can download. I'll try Lightroom and see if my district filter will allow me to download it.

Thanks again for all your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography