Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:32 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,401 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 08:45 AM

Default Another fractal to answer a question ~♥~

When someone gave me a rep for the first fractal pic that I posted here, they asked if I made the fractal image I posted, but didn't ID themselves in the rep comment so I don't know who to DM the answer to.
I am posting this other fractal here to answer the question on the rep comment, Thanks for looking, fractal images are fun.
I did make both of these fractals but not by myself. I used a program called Gimp. The base photographs that the fractals were based on I did take with one of our cameras.
There are several programs that will create both mandelbrots as well as mandelbulbs but they aren't all that easy to use for some folks, me included ! I like moving and morphing mandelbulb videos with music but I have not had the time to figure out how to make them yet. I don't learn complex programs very well but I still keep trying ! ~♥~
If you all have any fractal images to share, feel free to slap them on here. A two dimensional fractal is known as a Mandelbrot and the odd and seemingly impossible three dimensional fractals are called mandelbulbs.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:30 PM

757 posts, read 1,328,675 times
It was me that left the rep. I think fractals are cool. I make what I call, "modified fractals" as I change them and add stuff to them from the original fractal, or a put a fractal over another image, use textures and masks..

Here are a few that I have made,

Old 10-02-2012, 04:47 PM

757 posts, read 1,328,675 times
Here is one with further modifications of the last one I posted in the thread above,

Old 11-06-2012, 08:13 AM

74 posts, read 127,493 times
These pictures are extemely interesting….thank you for sharing... you livened me up for a new day just seeing these. I saw the PBS (Nova?) special on fractals. I ran into the other room to alert my spouse on how exciting fractals are…. come to TV room and see! "Yea, those are fractals alright"…Me…"You know about fractals and never told me about them….in 7 years???" "Didn't you know I'd be crazy for fractals if I only knew about them???" Anyway just wanted to say thanks because I got so busy with daily living I forgot about fractals!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:37 PM

Thumbs up We ♥ Fractals

Here is a fractal image that I stuck a few iconic stickers onto.
I have been using Googles Picasa along with Creative Kit and Picnik.
They make you share your © with them in exchange for the so called
"Free" use of the very advanced and costly programs. ~♥~

Old 11-10-2012, 06:26 AM

"Wow" and "Thank you". What a picture….I had to stare for quite some time to figure the image out. I'm not sure if I have figured it out with as complex as these are. Found nice picture and comment of Stillwater River amusing….glad I'm not a tree at the tranquill Stillwater River!

Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 AM

Thumbs up Overlays ~♥~

In Pic Monkey you can do overlays. In this image I placed an empty frame image into Pic Monkey and placed three images into the frame all one on top of another. All the overlays were fractals I made and some were embellished with various stickers. This is fun ~♥~

Old 12-03-2012, 02:29 PM

Oh what fun those fractals are…..e-i-e-i (with feeling now)….oooooo.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:08 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Trippy! Throw on some Pink Floyd or Porcupine tree and it's on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography