Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 10:54 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,080,646 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have an opinion on the Canon Power Shot ELPH 330 HS? We're shopping around for a new digital camera, and this one looked like it might be a good camera yet not too expensive for our budget (It's $199.00 at Costco, and we don't want to go much higher than $230 or so).

I want a good lens that will take photos with a sharp, crisp resolution. I sometimes use zoom or macro lens, but other than that do not care much about other features. I'm an amateur photographer--not the type of person who changes settings much or anything like that-- just want something I can easily point-n-shoot yet also get some decent images.

Also want a camera that doesn't eat batteries. Right now my cheapo fuji camera needs a new battery every single day if I take it on a trip. That gets to be a real PITA.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 06:06 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Does anyone have an opinion on the Canon Power Shot ELPH 330 HS? We're shopping around for a new digital camera, and this one looked like it might be a good camera yet not too expensive for our budget (It's $199.00 at Costco, and we don't want to go much higher than $230 or so).

I want a good lens that will take photos with a sharp, crisp resolution. I sometimes use zoom or macro lens, but other than that do not care much about other features. I'm an amateur photographer--not the type of person who changes settings much or anything like that-- just want something I can easily point-n-shoot yet also get some decent images.

Also want a camera that doesn't eat batteries. Right now my cheapo fuji camera needs a new battery every single day if I take it on a trip. That gets to be a real PITA.

Thoughts?
I am frustrated with my Canon Power Shot ELPH 100, so right now I'm not high on Canon.

Can you tell us what you ended up going with?

Old 09-17-2013, 11:02 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,080,646 times
We did end up buying the ELPH 330. So far I'm fairly happy with it, although sometimes I think my photos aren;t quite as crisp as I thought they would be. Could be I just need to learn how to use it better--some of my photos turn out really well, others are OK but could be better.

The one big gripe I have is how many different functions/buttons are crammed together. It's too easy to press something accidentally and then have to undo some command. And you know what, I really don't need or desire most of those bells-and-whistle functions. I just wanted a point-and-shoot that takes crisp photos and has a zoom. But.... maybe I will appreciate some of them as time goes by. The night shooting mode is pretty good, so that's one bell-and-whistle feature that's grown on me.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:14 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
We did end up buying the ELPH 330. So far I'm fairly happy with it, although sometimes I think my photos aren;t quite as crisp as I thought they would be. Could be I just need to learn how to use it better--some of my photos turn out really well, others are OK but could be better.

The one big gripe I have is how many different functions/buttons are crammed together. It's too easy to press something accidentally and then have to undo some command. And you know what, I really don't need or desire most of those bells-and-whistle functions. I just wanted a point-and-shoot that takes crisp photos and has a zoom. But.... maybe I will appreciate some of them as time goes by. The night shooting mode is pretty good, so that's one bell-and-whistle feature that's grown on me.
That's one of my chief complaints about my Canon - the pictures just are not "crisp".

I was hoping to hear they had improved that on the ELPH 330! Thanks for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography