Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 12:57 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times

Advertisements

Multi votes good maybe I can click mine too #1....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
That's weird. I have no problems with using the edit button. It's how I turn my thumbnail pictures into full size images.
HOW>>>HOW>>How does that work??

Old 05-01-2008, 01:03 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,211,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Multi votes good maybe I can click mine too #1....
While I do love the picture I entered, I don't think I'd have it in me to vote for myself

Old 05-01-2008, 01:07 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,103 times
I would like to see the rules adhered to in the future, if there are going to be rules, modifying them in the middle or near the end of the contest is bs....jmho.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:12 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,772,762 times
Not just that, but let them be specific. I didn't see anywhere that said specifically that you couldn't enter more than one photo, but I was asked, and I took mine down. That definitely needs to be specified. In all the rules I've read, it says "pictures" plural, in every last rule. So that is a bit misleading.

I do agree. The rules need to be fixed at the beginning, and once the contest starts no shifting gears.

That being said, are we still limited to one, or may we post another before the poll goes up?

Old 05-01-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
HOW>>>HOW>>How does that work??
Do a post normal, after you've attached a picture, click "submit reply". Then click on the thumbnail, as the image page is loading, right-click menu, select "properties", highlight the entire url of the picture, right-click "copy". close the properties box, hit the "back" button to go back to your post, click "edit" button, then remove the attached image code (brackets included), click on the insert image option ... paste the url and click "ok" and your image should show in the text box. click "submit reply"

It sounds like a lot of steps, but it takes me about a minute.... and this on dial-up

Give it a try in this thread.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
Not just that, but let them be specific. I didn't see anywhere that said specifically that you couldn't enter more than one photo, but I was asked, and I took mine down. That definitely needs to be specified. In all the rules I've read, it says "pictures" plural, in every last rule. So that is a bit misleading.

I do agree. The rules need to be fixed at the beginning, and once the contest starts no shifting gears.

That being said, are we still limited to one, or may we post another before the poll goes up?
This is the third contest that I know of, and even my first time entering I knew it was submitting just one picture, hence the term "PHO-TO" contest.

While I can't speak for Alpha, but my understanding of "pictures" pluralizes "people" who are entering the contest.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:28 PM

The rules have changed since CD started this last fall...prevously we could post more than 1 pic in the contest...I also seen people post threads with several pic & aks the rest which they should enter....This thread decused all the ends & outs...BUT Alpha is only human [I hope hehhe] So he did not get to revamp all the new rules PLUS he got hit by nasty weather no computer!!. And I dont think anyone though people would join CD just for a FRIENDLY contest!!! Anyone that can do better thats fine but please be NICE about it! There will be future contests [I hope] & I am sure as we learn by our mistakes rules will change to hopefully to improve the FUN!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 01:42 PM

Default OK fedup here goes!!

:d:

Last edited by Katie1; 05-30-2008 at 08:47 PM..

Old 05-01-2008, 01:49 PM

515 posts, read 1,832,252 times
Quote:
The rules have changed since CD started this last fall...prevously we could post more than 1 pic in the contest...I also seen people post threads with several pic & aks the rest which they should enter....This thread decused all the ends & outs...BUT Alpha is only human [I hope hehhe] So he did not get to revamp all the new rules PLUS he got hit by nasty weather no computer!!. And I dont think anyone though people would join CD just for a FRIENDLY contest!!! Anyone that can do better thats fine but please be NICE about it! There will be future contests [I hope] & I am sure as we learn by our mistakes rules will change to hopefully to improve the FUN!!!
This is copied from the 1st contest back in December:

1. Post your 'entry post' here in this thread, no pictures in this thread please.
2. When the new thread containing all the entries launches, please only those registered in the poll post your 1(one) picture and just your picture. Actually, you can give a title to your picture if you'd like.
3. When the poll closes, the winner will be announced and recognized.
4. All entries must be your own work. If you see something that is not original please DM me and let me know. That's an infractable offense.

Thanks and hope this turns out to be as much fun as I think it can be.

EDIT: Please read through this whole thread for modifications and further details as they have developed since this thread was launched.

EDIT2: I've pulled all the things we've discussed in the thread and added here:
1. No restrictions on dimensions, try and limit file size to 400K, but no one is going to be penalized on file size. If you can size it down, great. If not, don't worry about it.
2. No restrictions on subjects. (people, pets, etc) just the theme must be the December holiday of your choice.
3. Please use new, fresh pics shot recently. Nothing out of your photo stock.
4. You have until Friday morning the 14th@ 10:00am Eastern Time to submit your photo. At that time, the poll will be opened. While submissions can be submitted after that time by registered contestants, you could miss some votes by not having your picture posted by 10:00am.
5. The poll will be open for one week.
6. One picture per contestant. (color, black and white, your choice!)
7. If you know what EXIF data is and you don't mind posting it, please do so. It might help us all become better shots.
8. The prize offered is still up in the air. We're working on a couple of options but again, it's MOSTLY for fun.

If there was one before this one I'm not aware of it.

On a side not I think that everyone needs to give Alpha a round of applause for doing this for us, He doesn't have to. I'm sure it takes up a lot of time, all for our enjoyment. So to Alpha.... THANKS, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography