Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 05:08 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times

Advertisements

I have been very happy with the prints from Walmart, they use Fuji paper, which I really like. I don't like the Kodak paper that CVS and Walgreens use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 01:18 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,884,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
Costco still has the best quality for the money.
I've got a bro-in-law who's a professional and he says Costco is excellent.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:59 PM

71 posts, read 187,916 times
With this talk about printing i thought i would share this tutorial on the subject.

http://photos.adventuredaycamp.com/help/skin-tone

Last edited by Alpha8207; 08-15-2008 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: copyright issue

Old 08-15-2008, 02:02 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,169,008 times
Thanks for the tut golfgold.

I try to match colors space in my photoshop with that of a printing lab. This way it will be WYSIWYG. Exact colors!

Old 09-27-2008, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,792 times
Default printing pictures

do you have a printer for your computer ?

if you do not I recomend the Epson line of ultra high res ink Jet printers like the R260 or all in 1 RX580

they have the same printer heart but the RX580 also copies, scans, and faxes

they are relatively cheap to buy and use and they are the best in their class

if you want something the next step up there are printers that are dye sublimation ( hope its spelled right ) that are a bit more expensive but ther produce awesome pix

if you would rather just have someone else print them for you I can print them for about 4 dollars a picture depending on the size you want.

if you are in connecticut I could show you some examples of the photographs they make

I won a 3rd place award in the North Haven photography contest which may help you to understand these printers make great pictures

[mod]no solicitation, please[/mod]

Last edited by Marka; 09-27-2008 at 01:20 PM..

Old 09-27-2008, 12:49 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times
Default Just bought a new printer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmcd View Post
do you have a printer for your computer ?

if you do not I recomend the Epson line of ultra high res ink Jet printers like the R260 or all in 1 RX580

they have the same printer heart but the RX580 also copies, scans, and faxes

they are relatively cheap to buy and use and they are the best in their class

if you want something the next step up there are printers that are dye sublimation ( hope its spelled right ) that are a bit more expensive but ther produce awesome pix

if you would rather just have someone else print them for you I can print them for about 4 dollars a picture depending on the size you want.

if you are in connecticut I could show you some examples of the photographs they make

I won a 3rd place award in the North Haven photography contest which may help you to understand these printers make great pictures

call me for more info if you want to at 203-484-4583
Oh, I got your advice too late. I just recently bought a Brother all-in-one. Actually, I just print out photos of family and friends--nothing fancy. I did take the disks to Walmart and they did a good job on the Fuji machine, especially the ones I had done in One Hour. The ones that were sent away weren't as good. They were very nice and helpful. I'm in Georgia. Thanks for the advice.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:18 PM

821 posts, read 2,011,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Are all of you saying that CVS, Walgreens and Rite-aid are not that good? (They are a lot closer for me.)

I get mine done at Wal-Green's, because it's the closest to where I live
after putting pics on computer and cropping and fix'in red eyes and what ever else I want to do, upload to Wal-Green's and by the time I get dressed and get out there, they are ready for pick up

Old 09-28-2008, 12:14 AM

244 posts, read 1,227,375 times
I'm giving another shout out for Costco! I am a wedding photographer and I do all my own editing at home, upload them online and they are ready for me in about an hour. Sometimes I do some of my own printing, but if I have alot of prints that need to be done then I send them to Costco rather than use my own ink and paper. I think they have very reasonable prices on their larger sizes, too. Plus, I love that you can choose gloss or matte. I love their matte

Old 09-29-2008, 02:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times
Costco - Photos

Costco certainly sounds good. The only reason I haven't used them is that I don't belong and it's kind of far from my house. So after spending the $40 to join, I probably wouldn't use them for much else. I'll rethink that, though. Thanks for the advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography