Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 06:30 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,812,715 times

Advertisements

Today I visited Paris Mountain State Park for the first time -- a beautiful park and campground area on the north end of Greenville (Yes, we have our very own moutain!). On my very first stop I walked down from the parking area to take photos at the lake, tripped on a tree root sticking up out of the ground and fell hard. Took a layer of skin off two big areas on the front of my left leg, bruised the side of my knee, scraped my right arm and REALLY hurt the side of my right hand. It now hurts to grip the steering wheel, shoot photos, use my computer mouse and even type. I was actually more concerned about if my camera still worked than if anything on my body was broken. LOL

Shots like the one below were worth every bit of pain. I'm still pinching myself that I'm now living in a place this gorgeous and was able to walk around in shirt sleeves with not even a sweater in November! How lucky am I?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 07:54 PM

409 posts, read 951,803 times
You are BLESSED to live in such a lovely place!! A lot of us dream of going to places like this for a vacation! Great shot!! I hope you're not too sore tomorrow.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:14 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
Today I visited Paris Mountain State Park for the first time -- a beautiful park and campground area on the north end of Greenville (Yes, we have our very own moutain!). On my very first stop I walked down from the parking area to take photos at the lake, tripped on a tree root sticking up out of the ground and fell hard. Took a layer of skin off two big areas on the front of my left leg, bruised the side of my knee, scraped my right arm and REALLY hurt the side of my right hand. It now hurts to grip the steering wheel, shoot photos, use my computer mouse and even type. I was actually more concerned about if my camera still worked than if anything on my body was broken. LOL

Shots like the one below were worth every bit of pain. I'm still pinching myself that I'm now living in a place this gorgeous and was able to walk around in shirt sleeves with not even a sweater in November! How lucky am I?
Beautiful color. We have the temps but none of the color. Thanks for sharing such a great photo. You will remember this long after the pain is gone.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:43 PM

1,396 posts, read 3,442,847 times
Beautiful colors PhotogGal! The multitude of colors are just like it has been here in New England. Its been a glorious foliage season here with areas past peak in the northern half and many areas of still peak color in southern parts.

I think your effort and mishap is well worth the enjoyment we get out of viewing these photos.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:19 AM

Nice photos, AtlantaGreg. I really like the first one with the trees, rocks and water.

Isn't it great being about to be outdoors at this time of year in the South? When I read about you using your monopod for a walking stick, I went . I had mine in the back of my car yesterday and could have used it. Maybe it would have helped keep my upright.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 AM

Here's one looking down near Caesar's Head in North Carolina.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
When I read about you using your monopod for a walking stick, I went . I had mine in the back of my car yesterday and could have used it. Maybe it would have helped keep my upright.

I need to get a better one. Mine is just a $39 job from Wolf Camera, but it worked ok. In the past, I had always wondered why the heck anyone would even use a monopod. I mean, they don't stabilize as well as a tripod - they're just a stick with a screw in it. LOL. But in this case, it did work to HELP steady the camera during a couple of shots, and was great as a walking stick. It also helped me nudge a brown snake out of the way that was on the trail as I was walking, too. :-)

Our colors aren't nearly as vibrant as many of the other shots so far in this thread, though.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:47 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,214,396 times
Enjoying the last bits of fall in my neighborhood. All the leaves are almost gone....

Old 11-03-2008, 09:58 AM

A beautiful shot, FedupWNY!

Old 11-03-2008, 12:20 PM

255 posts, read 742,904 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography