Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:53 PM

128 posts, read 844,435 times

Advertisements

Anyone else have neat pictures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 03:15 PM

777 posts, read 1,437,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossco View Post
LOL, totally!

I often wonder how much of that was on purpose.... Or if the operators even notice the resemblance. I seemed to be the only one who noticed it when I worked up there!
People don't notice things.
I was in a KrispyKreme and noticed that the panel of the lighted sign had backward writing on the box in the picture - as the panel was in backwards.
(no other text on the sign)
I asked if the counter person knew about it.
She was stunned.
She said it had been there for about a year and half and nobody had ever pointed it out.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:22 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,546,120 times
I would post my own pictures of these crazy houses in Ransom Canyon, Texas, but I can't find them. I'll just put links to the pictures that someone else took. That isn't breaking some unsaid rule is it? I just thought you guys would enjoy them.
http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles17109.jpg
http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles17110.jpg

Old 03-14-2009, 08:29 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,945,491 times
does anyone have a shot of the "Sleeper" house near Genessee, Colorado? It sits up on a hill off of .....hmmm, Hiway 6? 285? It was the white,
round space-ship looking house that Woody Allen used in the film Sleeper. I'm not in CO anymore, always wondered what happened to it - if someone's living there.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 PM

2 posts, read 9,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossco View Post
Tree houses in Homer, Alaska.

This was the main house. It's hard to tell because of the tall grass but let me assure you that the home is held up by nothing more than the pole going thru the home and sticking out of the top (it maybe an old tree trunk still in the ground, not sure).

I've heard from people who have met him that this one has 2 floors, electricity, a monitor for heat, a bed, TV, and small kitchen, but no running water or plumbing. He lives in this tree house year round I guess. But all that is hear-say. I've also heard that there's been articles in I think the Anchorage paper about his houses. I say houses because he has a few of these on the property (as seen in the other picture below).

The tree house to the right I have no idea what is use for (as you can see its built around an actual living tree), and the other tree house in the center seems to be a finished green house/solarium. The "house" I showed in the first picture is located just out of this shot to the left about 20 yards. The 3 domes that sit on the ground in front of the solarium have looked the same for several years, unfinished. I have no idea what they're for but I know they're not livable like the other "tree houses".
OMG this house is across the dirt road from my house... weird!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieAK View Post
OMG this house is across the dirt road from my house... weird!!!
Ha! Small world.. Do you live in the blue tarp fortress?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:11 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,458,140 times

This is the "House on the Rock" in Spring Green WI. You can't get a good shot of the whole house because its carved into the landscape.

The bottom two shots is the "infinity room." The inside of the house is pretty cool too, if anyone is in the area you should check it out.

I should state I did not take these pics, since this is the photography forum, I got lost in the thread and forgot the forum, sorry

Old 03-29-2009, 07:17 PM

Neat house Orangish - wonder what the ball looking thing is in the top photo?

Old 03-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 14 days ago)

43,159 posts, read 76,731,667 times
I take lousy night photos. Sorry.
This gem is in Orlando. I think the roofers were drunk.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:59 PM

Mike I've seen that place before on a brochure, it looks really neat.

It's some type of tourist trap in Florida right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography