U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 11:17 PM

7,281 posts, read 21,592,764 times

Advertisements

Update - nevermind - I figured it out. I just placed my SD card in my computer and it took them that way. Also, I dont even need the Kodak system, as I have another program to resize them. Thanks though!
-----------------------------------

I have a V530 Kodak camera I have had for a few years. It worked fine on my old computer. I installed the Kodak program on my new computer and it will not work. When I click on the icon, all I get is "Kodak Easyshare has stopped working, windows is checking a solution for the problem", then all I can do is close it.

I took some photos the other evening and was able to install them into my computer, but I mis-sized them and they were much to small. I deleted the entire folder and emptied them in the recycle bin. I tried to download them back into the computer, but it says, loading, but then it says, "no new photos found on this device". What in the world? I deleted the old ones and the ones I need are still on the camera, but it wont reinstall them. Please help!

Last edited by Tennesseestorm; 03-27-2009 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: Figured it out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 AM

21,609 posts, read 20,146,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Storm View Post
Update - nevermind - I figured it out. I just placed my SD card in my computer and it took them that way. Also, I don't even need the Kodak system, as I have another program to resize them. Thanks though!
-----------------------------------

I have a V530 Kodak camera I have had for a few years. It worked fine on my old computer. I installed the Kodak program on my new computer and it will not work. When I click on the icon, all I get is "Kodak Easyshare has stopped working, windows is checking a solution for the problem", then all I can do is close it.

I took some photos the other evening and was able to install them into my computer, but I mis-sized them and they were much to small. I deleted the entire folder and emptied them in the recycle bin. I tried to download them back into the computer, but it says, loading, but then it says, "no new photos found on this device". What in the world? I deleted the old ones and the ones I need are still on the camera, but it wont reinstall them. Please help!

Set up a Free account in Photo Bucket.... then place your images on your desk top as a icon.... then upload too your Photo Bucket.....you can set the size at the Photo Bucket side... then check the photo or photo's you want to share at the bottom of the page will be a "code generator" the photo or photos you have checked will show up as a code... look for the IMG code don't alter the code....... copy it..... carry it over to CD and paste it before or after you have enter your text. Do Not Use the [ ] or the mountain icon just paste it........ and hit submit poof you have your photo or photo's make sure you use copy write icon .... ALT Key hold down then type 0169 release and you will get this can be done before uploading in your photo editing program under the BOLD A ..... Go into your trash bin and find all the photos then on each one hit restore.,..... they should come back on the desk top as a icon.....

Old 02-02-2010, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,082 times
I have my kodak pics on my computer but am trying to put them into folders to name. How do I do that?

Old 02-03-2010, 07:12 AM

1,185 posts, read 3,206,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmurchie View Post
I have my kodak pics on my computer but am trying to put them into folders to name. How do I do that?
I'm not sure I understand the issue. If you have the photos on your hard drive, you should be able to use Windows Explorer, if you have Windows, or the Finder on the Mac to move the files around.

Directions for moving files in Windows

Moving a file on a Mac

As for renaming a file, you should be able to right-click on the icon for the file in Windows. When you do, a menu will appear and one of the options will be "Rename." Left-click on that option and the name of the file will be highlighted. Just keep in mind that you need to keep the extension (ex.: .jpg, .gif, .raw) for the computer to know what kind of file it is.

In Mac, click on the icon once causing the name to highlight, then click on the name of the file. The name of the file will remain highlighted, but a cursor will be blinking at the right of the name. You can then edit the name.

Once you have renamed the file, simply press <Enter> and the name will be changed.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:00 AM

6,023 posts, read 10,834,643 times
I download images from my Canon Power-shot directly into my pictures file and use Picasa or Nero to fix them up if needed (Picasa has a nice straightening feature.) I also have a photo-bucket account that is free and it's very easy to load the pics onto a message board like this one. Moved, altered or deleted images and copies stored can all go away if the wrong one is deleted so it's best to rename any duplicates and leave them be. If a photo-bucket account is used to post a pic, the image can disappear on your post if you don't use the photo-bucket account for a predetermined period of time. We bailed on Kodak Easy-share and Kodak cameras for our Canon PowerShot SX10IS and love the camera, the batteries seem to last forever ! I took this pic with the Canon on "auto" mode and uploaded it to this post via Photo bucket. Note; I took the pic just north of our town, "Mayberry Montana" (Conrad)

Old 02-03-2010, 10:32 AM

15,371 posts, read 32,246,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I download images from my Canon Power-shot directly into my pictures file and use Picasa or Nero to fix them up if needed (Picasa has a nice straightening feature.) I also have a photo-bucket account that is free and it's very easy to load the pics onto a message board like this one. Moved, altered or deleted images and copies stored can all go away if the wrong one is deleted so it's best to rename any duplicates and leave them be. If a photo-bucket account is used to post a pic, the image can disappear on your post if you don't use the photo-bucket account for a predetermined period of time. We bailed on Kodak Easy-share and Kodak cameras for our Canon PowerShot SX10IS and love the camera, the batteries seem to last forever ! I took this pic with the Canon on "auto" mode and uploaded it to this post via Photo bucket. Note; I took the pic just north of our town, "Mayberry Montana" (Conrad)
no WONDER it fell over.....someone stole the wheels off of it.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 PM

492 posts, read 1,143,426 times
Download the free program Picasa, it will let you do just about anything with your pictures. It will let you upload to Facebook, or give you your own web page. Try it...
Larry - Hobe Sound, Fl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography