Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 10:22 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,940,913 times

Advertisements

Why do you even care about finding him? I would just disable my computer and stuff and not have anything to do with the creep. If he's threatened you and knows who you are or where you are, I'd go to the police with the info.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:45 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,545,662 times
Why would you want to find these photos, just because this person says oh yea that's me doesn't mean didly, I could take any pic I find on the web do a lil doctoring to it and put it on here under the pic post & say that it's me, is anyone going to actually know if it is or not me, absolutely not.

How easy would it be for a person to take a pic of anyone anywhere and post it on the net, plain & simple delete the person, block the person, dump the messenger or whatever it is open another with new name new password, do what needs to be done why look for trouble, chat rooms & such are notorious for that crap, these people you do not want to mess with, your going to find the wrong person one day and find tons of trojans, worm, & such in your system or possibly worse find your system not being able to recover, it happens a lot and don't think that a firewall is going to stop them, there are good on the net but also the bad, when you find yourself in serious trouble are you going to come back on here & ask what else to do after playing detective.

Last edited by joee; 04-15-2007 at 12:00 AM..

Old 04-15-2007, 01:16 AM

3,774 posts, read 11,189,382 times
Coyote, that's an Alaskan thingy, too!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 8,270 times
How can you find someone from a photo online where can I post the picture to see if someone might notice him so I can get in touch with him...and I want to know how to do it world wide.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:00 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,194,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besita View Post
I have a group of photos of a guy who has been harassing me for a few months now through an instant messenger. I talked to him a few times online before he got creepy, and in those few times he sent me a plethora of self photos. I really don't want to get the police involved, but I feel like I'm going to have to soon. I know they won't put in the time or effort to find him like a P.I. would, so I think that's my best bet. Anyway, he said once in one of his conversations that most of his photos were posted on webshots, so I figured maybe I could back track through webshots to him...

Does anyone know how I could locate these photos on the web? Is it possible to find matches for certain photos through a search engine? I have the photos, I just need to find them on this website...
Have you placed this person on your ignor list in IM/email?
Have you contacted your IM provider?

Old 11-17-2008, 01:58 PM

13,912 posts, read 39,129,073 times
Those pic might not even be the person contacting you! Then you would be getting the wrong person in trouble. Drop it & block him! How did he find you to start with??

Old 07-14-2009, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 7,707 times
where do i go to find the person whos identity has been used to scam me by a guy from nigeria i have pictures can i post the pics to see if the guy will come forward i feel bad his and his daughter are being used by this scammer to lure in women

Old 10-31-2009, 01:11 AM

2 posts, read 9,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putty View Post
On Oprah yesterday there was women who were scammed by men online, and they told the public to go to a website and look to see if they recognize their photo. They have over 5,000 members of this website now! It was started by a woman who scammed bigtime by a guy she met online. I will PM you the website.
Hey can you pm me the site also? I need to find this guy badly. I`m like, inlove with him. But I`m not sure if he`s real. I mean, he only sent me pictures. Argghhh Please. Can you help me? Please? This is soo important for me. I can`t stop myself from thinking about him! I know I`m crazy and shouldn`T fall in love through internet/ chatting. But please! Can you help me?

Old 11-09-2009, 10:39 PM

1 posts, read 7,258 times
Can you tell me the name this person is using? I also have pics of a guy and his daughter and was scammed by someone in africa saying this is his pic when I know it isn't but i am trying to find out who is in this photo. Is there anywhere to post picture in hopes he will get in touch with me so I can let him know someone is using his pic to scam people?

Old 11-09-2009, 11:30 PM

37,056 posts, read 42,015,227 times
I don't understand what you guys hope to gain by letting someone know their photo is being used. You were scammed by someone in Africa or Nigeria? REALLY? That right there tells me you need to just step away from the computer and stop trying to play PI. Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography