Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 12:27 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times

Advertisements

Here's a new posting of the pictures that didn't display in my thread yestreday. Sorry about that, but I had issues with a Flickr link, so this set is from Photobucket.

Washington Monument as viewed from West Potomac Park

Washignton Monument with as viewed from the Tidal Basin

Another perspective on the Monument and Tidal Basin

The Portals, an office building in SW as viewed from the Tidal Basin

The Jefferson Memorial as viewed from the west side of the Tidal Basin

A mixture of the varied red brick architecture of SW, Yates Federal Building, USDA - Department of Forestry HQ

One of the fountains at the FDR Memorial

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Last edited by bmwguydc; 09-03-2009 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: Added one that I forgot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 02:11 PM

2 posts, read 5,843 times
thanks

Old 09-03-2009, 09:04 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
Beautiful photo's....thanx for posting them. Makes me want to take a trip there! Lots of interesting buildings to photograph!

Old 09-04-2009, 08:13 PM

Here are a few more that I snapped today when I was killing time between meetings. It was too beautiful to stay indoors, so I thought I'd take some pictures to share with anyone who'd like to see more of DC.

Lincoln Memorial (East Front)

Lincoln Memorial from the northeast

Another view of the Jefferson Memorial

The National Mall looking east toward the Capitol and Washington Monument. The fountains and upright stones at the end of the reflecting pool marks the location of the World War II Memorial.

Memorial Bridge looking west toward Arlington Cemetery. Arlington Cemetery begins at the white stone wall. Arlington House,(the pre-Civil War home of Robert E. Lee, sits atop the ridge.

Another view of Memorial Bridge

City-Data FAQs

Old 09-05-2009, 12:47 PM

821 posts, read 2,011,153 times
thanks for the pics, I will be in DC next week
hope to get to see a few of these monuments when I'm there

Old 09-06-2009, 12:08 AM

434 posts, read 933,477 times
Hi, those are beautiful shots and thank you for sharing!

I have visited DC more than a couple of times

It is a beautiful place but I still vote SoCal as my favorite place

Recently I am getting interested in photography especially portrait and thinking about where to start?

Old 09-06-2009, 06:47 PM

Thanks to everyone who liked the pictures. I'll post some more in this thread from time-to-time, since I tend to carry a camera with me most days, even on days when I don't take a single picture.

As for where to get started, I would say that one would do well to take a class from a local art league for a good foundation. Also, many universities have extension programs where one can take a class on basics of photography and even editing. A friend of mine took a couple of classes at the UCLA extension and that made a difference in her photographic skills, though she also followed my advice and began to take pictures just about every day.

City-Data FAQs

Old 09-06-2009, 07:40 PM

63 posts, read 169,699 times
nice pics

D.C. is a beautiful city. I recommend taking the tour to the top of the Washington Memorial. Doesn't take long (30-45 minutes as long as you have tickets already) and gives good views of the main monuments.

The rest of my pics can be found here: Flickr: jared422_80's stuff tagged with washingtonmonument (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jared422/tags/washingtonmonument/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography